Chapter 15: An Explosive Beginning

(Y/n)'s POV

After we got back home, Erma took it upon herself to teach K-94 how to speak English. She also took the liberty of going to the market and buying him some proper clothes.

He was in the bathroom, trying them on. Meanwhile, we were all in the living room.

Nara: we're lucky he decided to come peacefully. If he'd decided to fight us, we would've lost for sure.

Kestin: how old is he anyway.

Erma: oh, Finn's 15.

We all turned to Erma.

(Y/n): Finn?

Erma: what, I'm not allowed to give him a name?

Kyanna: no, it's just...does he know?

Erma: yes, and he liked it.

Ok, so...Finn came out of the bathroom now dressed in his new clothes. He announced himself as he entered the room.

Finn: I'm done.

We all turned and looked at him standing in the hallway, and me an Kestin literally had to cover our mouths to keep ourselves from laughing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kyanna giving both of us the death glare. We both manage to get our composure back. I stood up from my seat and walked over to Finn. I ruffled his hair.

(Y/n): you look great, kid.

Finn: call me a kid again and you'll be seeing the world through only 1 eye.

I flinched and backed up a bit.

(Y/n): uh, noted.

Nara: so should we take him to see Nomad?

(Y/n): we can probably do that after lunch.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) and chibi Finn scarfing down their food

We walked through the forest to Nomad's place.

Nara: seriously, he eats like you.

(Y/n): what's that supposed to mean?!

Nara: it mean you practically shove food down your throat.

(Y/n): WELL HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSE TO EAT?!

Nara: with a fork and knife.

After about 2 more minutes of bickering, Finn chimed in.

Finn: um, do arguments like this happen often?

Nara: word of advice, everyday is nothing but bickering, so if you wanna back out and leave, you oughta do it now.

(Y/n): so how'd you end up in the volcanic region anyway?

Finn: well, after escaping that facility 10 years ago, my instincts led me to the volcanic region. Since I was only 5 at the time I had to resort to scavenging for food in order to survive. I'd find scraps from another monster's kill and eat whatever was left. When I turned 9 I was actually strong enough to hunt and kill food. It was difficult, but who said survival was easy.

We arrived in the clearing where Nomad lived. We walked up to his shack and I knocked. There was shuffling inside of the shack before the door opened. Of course, Nomad was wearing that cloak that covered his face.

Nomad: hey, you two. What's up?

Me and Nara looked at each other before stepping aside, reviling Finn.

Nomad: hm.

He began walking circles around Finn, examining him.

Nomad: hm, a brachydios hybrid. He looks a little young to be a hunter, doesn't he?

(Y/n): well, he's only a year younger than Erma, so he's not that young.

Nomad: I assume you found him in the volcanic region.

(Y/n): yeah, Erma decided to name him Finn.

Nara: we found him fighting a gravios all on his own.

Nomad: impressive. Was he a tough fight?

(Y/n): actually, we manage to convince him to come with us.

Nomad: really, so you did get to fight him?

We both shook our heads.

Nomad: ok, (y/n) go over to the edge of clearing.

(Y/n): wait, what?

Nomad: you two are battling.

(Y/n): why?

Nomad: in order for you three to become a perfect team, you need to memorize the way the your teammates fight. Since you didn't get to fight each other before you're doing it now.

(Y/n): um, ok.

Nara's POV

Nomad: alright, last man standing wins.

(Y/n) and Finn stood at opposite ends of the clearing. Nomad decided to make it a little harder for (y/n) by confiscating his dual blades. Nomad raised his arm.

Nomad: READY?!

They both nodded. He lowered his arm.

Nomad: FIGHT!

Without any further hesitation, they both immediately charged at each other. Finn threw a punch at (y/n), but he dodged it. He went behind him and tried throwing and electricity powered punch, but Finn reacted by ducking and whacking (y/n) in the face with his tail. He staggered, this gave Finn an opening for another attack. He landed and punch to (y/n)'s chest, leaving behind a splatter of slime.

The slime began turning redder. (Y/n) quickly took of his jacket and threw it away before it could explode. He did it the nick of time cause the slime detonated immediately after he threw it. He ran towards Finn again. Electricity erupted from his body and his hair stood up. Finn went to throw another punch, but (y/n) leaped over him. He placed both hands on Finn's back and shocked him with a bunch of electricity.

Finn dropped to the ground, smoking.

Nomad: (Y/N) WINS!

(Y/n) help Finn back up before ruffling his hair again.

(Y/n): not bad, man. Usually when I use that attack on something, it dies. You're tougher than you look.

Nomad walked up to the two of them.

Nomad: I'm impressed. You learned a lot during your time in he wild. Come to me if you ever want to catch up on training.