Chapter 2: The Plan

Kyanna's POV

Me, Cody, and Erma arrived at the city and continued running until we were in town square. There we saw Commander Shepard seemingly in the middle of a meeting. The commander was in charge of everything the Hunter's guild did, of course everyone called him "commander" but I usually called him...

Kyanna: DAD!

He turned to me.

Shepard: not now, sweetie.

Kyanna: BUT IT'S IMPORTANT!

Shepard: Kyanna, I'm in the middle of a meeting here. can it wait?

Kyanna: NO!

He raised a hand to his forehead and stepped away from the table and walked over to me.

Shepard: fine, what it is?

Kyanna: we saw something in the forest! It attacked and killed a plesioth!

Shepard: well, what did it look like?

Kyanna: it was a boy with horns, wolf ears, and a tail! We were out hunting gargwa when we saw him!

My dad place his hand on his forehead again and sighed.

Shepard: Kyanna, I don't have time for this. I need to get back to this meeting.

Kyanna: BUT IT'S THE TRUTH! I REALLY SAW IT!

Shepard: oh, like the time you saw a seltas under your bed, or the time you saw a barroth running through the market?

Erma: sir, she's telling the truth!

Cody: yeah, we saw it too!

Shepard: *sigh* aw great, now you have your friends in on it. When will you stop  with these childish games? Now go home, I really need to get back to this meeting.

Kyanna: FINE!

I stormed off in a huff with anger pumping through my veins.

Cody's POV

Kyanna began walking home, her hands clenched into a fist.

Erma: we should go after her. She's probably about to break something.

Cody: agreed.

We followed Kyanna until we arrived at the house that the 3 of us shared. Me and Erma went inside, everything looked to be intact. We made our way upstairs to Kyanna's room. I knocked on the door.

Cody: Kyanna, you ok?

Kyanna: go away!

Erma opened the door and we stepped inside. Kyanna was sitting on her bed with her knees up to her chin. She held an azuros plushy in her arms.

Erma: hey, how ya feeling.

She held her plushy closer to her chest.

Kyanna: he never believes me about anything.

Erma: well, I doubt people would believe that what we saw was real. It does sound far-fetched.

Kyanna: that's not the problem! Sure, I joke around and pull pranks every once in a while, but  even when I'm telling the truth he still doesn't believe me.

Cody: well, the commander has always been a bit sceptical about what you tell him. The only way he'll believe you is if you have some kind of proof.

Kyanna's eyes widened and her head perked up. A large smile dawned her face. I knew that look, she was planning something and I knew exactly what it was.

Cody: Kyanna, no.

Kyanna: Kyanna, yes.

Cody: you don't even know where he is.

Kyanna: yeah, but he'll know where we are.

Erma: what is going on?

Kyanna: were gonna find that boy and bring him back here.

Cody: no we're not. That guy killed a plesioth with barely any effort, imagine what he could do to us.

Kyanna: whatever, Erma I need you to come up with a plan.

Erma: um, ok.

Erma walked back downstairs and took a book off the shelf.

Erma: judging from the shape of his horns, I'd have to guess that he's part zinogre.

She opened her book and showed us a picture of the suggested monster.

Erma: this particular monster is immune to electricity based attacks so shock traps aren't gonna be useful in this situation. However, they're weak to ice attacks. So are you planning to kill him or capture him?

Kyanna: do you seriously think I'd want to kill him? He's at least part human. That would be murder.

Erma: ok, then we'll need to bring along pitfall traps and tranquilizers.

Cody: you guys are gonna get yourselves kill, and I'd rather not die.

Kyanna: you don't have to come with us, you can just stay here and try explaining to my dad why we were gone.

My eyes shot open. I ran up to my room and came back down wearing my armor and holdingmy dual blades

Cody: LET'S DO THIS!

I never liked explaining stuff to the commander because it could either go really well or really bad.

Kyanna: my dad really terrifies you, huh?

Cody: please stop talking. He's really intimidating, okay. I don't feel comfortable being alone with him for too long. I get nervous.

Erma: ok, just let me grab my bowgun.

She went up to her room and came back wearing her suit of armor with her light bowgun on her back. She also had her brown hair tied up in 2 pigtails.

Kyanna: you always look so cute when you dress up like that.

Erma: DON'T CALL ME CUTE!

Erma was the youngest of our group. She was 16 while I was 18 and Kyanna was 19. Erma had a bit of a habit of dressing up in clothes that would make Kyanna call her cute. She always hated it.

Erma sighed.

Erma: anyway, we should probably get going at nightfall. Everyone will be asleep and nobody will see us.

Kyanna: good idea. In the meantime we should get those supplies.

Me, Kyanna, and Erma put tranqu bombs, pitfall traps, potions, food, and powder's in on bags and waited until the sun went down for our hunt.