Chapter 4: A Bond

“Macy.” His voice normally sounded as sweet as honey but the roughness of it and pain on her arm that was sure to bruise made Macy frown and shy away from the sunlight coming from the window “Thatcher?”

“Wake up.” He sounded irritated and sounded as if he was moving “We’re about to be late.”

The contrast to the wild animal that turned into a gentle one after his bite to the irate one now confused Macy.

“Thatcher.” That stopped him from moving their suitcases about and checking for essentials, he held a sock and a shirt to put on as he was currently shirtless and wearing nothing but his jeans, he looked at her sharply “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he stopped looking at her and uselessly looked at the things in his hands “now help get our things downstairs. Nahath is here and he was banging on the door.” He was about to run off into the bathroom when Macy got out of bed fully, naked and all before she carefully asked “Are you sure?”

“Bit tired because of last night and Nahath bang-”

“Thatcher, I know when you lie.” She had laughed it out and looked at him seriously and there was silence before he looked at her hard, concrete.

“Why did you react so calmly to being kidnapped and finding out that I’m a monster that can turn into a wolf that has a few people with abandonment issues trailing around him?”

Macy’s breath hitched before she calmed herself down, time to answer questions “First of all I most certainly did not act ‘so calmly’ with being kidnapped, if you remember the fact that I was sobbing. Second of all Thatcher” she was in front of him now; she had walked slowly and now held his face in her hands “you’re not a monster.” Her words were said so meaningfully and with so much emotion he had to turn away or else he would kiss her. She let go of his face but didn’t stop looking at him like he was the only thing in the world.

“Third of all I really don’t think insulting somebody who can hear your muffled voice from all the way in front of our door is a good idea, especially somebody whose trust you’re trying to regain.”

“You didn’t answer the question.”

“You’re not very good at keeping secrets.”

“Wait, how did you know that he could hear us?”

Amused she said “Because I’m married to you.”

“What do you mean I’m bad at secrets? I’ve kept this” he gestured exasperatedly at himself and everything “from you.”

“That’s the thing” she laughed “you haven’t.” he looked confused.

“Don’t think that I don’t notice how inhumanly hairy you get when you don’t have full control of your emotions.” She remarked, he could smell her “You’re teeth, they grew and I felt them the very first time we kissed so passionately on my parents’ couch.”

He swallowed as he looked into her eyes and she into his “Don’t think I don’t notice how I murmur things at times and you hear them while being rooms away.” she laughed it as she shook her head “When we first made love, you… I don’t know what it was” she turned away but he held onto her arm, pulled her into him.

“You should take a shower and get dressed.” She tilted her head.

“I’m not scared of you so let me finish.”

He tucked his tongue in his cheek “Go ahead.”

“You weren’t human. I could feel it, I could feel you. You were yourself but you were showing a new side of yourself. Actually this is every time we make love.”