Chapter 8 - Meeting the Savior

[Angela's point of view]

I was still having silent treatment on James while we are heading back to Manila. I was very disappointed about what happened. We left Joseph in the theme park while begging for Belle not to break him up, but she decided to end that relationship. I was crying inside the bus because I cannot conceal my hurt.

"Would you stop being childish James!" I scolded him when we arrived in the room of our hotel.

"I just gave him what he deserved!" He defended himself.

"I know, but what is really the reason behind it?"

"What do you mean? She is playing Belle!"

"I mean, is it because you still like her? "

"No, it's not that! I am only concerned about my friend."

"Friend? Really? Please check your heart James if you still like her!"

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm sorry if you felt that way. I swear there is nothing."

"You know what, I see how you look at her. You don't notice me anymore when you are together. I hate myself feeling this way!"

"I'm sorry Angela, I did not mean you to feel that way."

"I don't know James." I was approaching outside.

"Please, I'm sorry my love, let's fix this!" He grabbed and hugged me to stop me from leaving.

"Don't worry James, I just need some time and space. I need to go home."

Then I left while trying to stop my tears as I'm running towards the main door of the hotel. It was timely that there was a taxi just dropping by a guest, so I entered it and told the driver to rush to my house.

[James' point of view]

I was lying in my bed processing what happened. I haven't yet changed my clothes because I don't have the motivation to get up, I just slept wearing them.

Then I heard a rooster making a crow. I am wondering how in the world there is a rooster so I got up. I noticed that I am in a crowd and there was a man that they are looking at. The man is sorrowful and I felt pity for him.

Then the crowd suddenly in commotion when there was a man running. They said that man know the person in front, but he denied him. Then suddenly, that sorrowful man called me.

"Son, I know what you feel, I have been deserted from the people that were very special to me."

"Sir, why are you always in my dreams? This scene is very familiar to me. I've read this somewhere!" Then I closed my eyes trying to figure out what it is.

"Now I know, this is a scene I always see every Holy Week on TV! This is like when Peter, a disciple of Jesus denied his master. "

"Is that you? Jesus?"

"Yes, special people will leave you, but I will not leave you nor forsake you son!"

"But why are you always visiting me in my dreams? Is there something you want me to do?"

"Son, you will know more about me in the coming days!" The guard was dragging him and I woke up.

**********

It was still early in the morning. I was opening every drawer in the cabinet because I was looking for my watch, but as I opened the drawer at the bottom, I saw a Bible. I grabbed it slowly and remembered my dream.

"God, what do you want me to do?" I said to myself.

Then I come across in the Book of John and I was interested again to read God's word. I was amused as I started to read the 4th gospel.