Chapter 5 - The Confession

[Angela's point of view]

It was 4th of July. I was awakened by the very loud alarm clock that and then I went to the table for breakfast. Someone greeted me by surprise.

"Happy birthday my dear sister!" Mary surprised me while holding her favorite tea. I hugged her so much that Mary almost threw out her cup.

"So this is my verse for you, my dear," she grabs her bible and flipped unto the page where she bookmarked it. It was in Ephesians 3: 16-19

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"

"I hope you will now encounter God intimately sis," Mary looked into my eye.

Then I cut the eye contact and turned back and rolled my eyes thinking I am being sermoned again by her older sister with her Bible verses.

"So what is your wish, Angela?"

"Hmm.. good health for our family and happy life and..." I quickly remembered James, my heartbeat just stopped as it skipped when I think about him. I just brushed it off

"And then why did you stop? Are you thinking of someone?" Mary teased me.

"No! I think I will be late for my work, so I need to rush. By the way, thanks for the wish sister, I will treat you right away when I come back!"

**********

When I arrived in my office, I noticed that it was all dark. I wondered where are the people so I grabbed immediately my phone to call one of my officemates. Suddenly, it lighted one by one from the door to the edge and everybody shouted.

"Happy Birthday Ms. Angela!!" my officemates shouted as they went out hiding from their cubicles that made me cry.

"Oh, how sweet! I did not expect you would surprise me like this!" I said as I was sobbing and wiping my tears.

Then Belle immediately moved forward to hug me and grabbed something from her shoulder bag. It was a letter.

"Happy birthday Ms. Angela, pls read that letter later!"

"Oh okay, sure, anyways thank you, Belle, you're such a good friend!"

As I sitting down my swivel chair, I then slowly opened the envelope where the letter was inside. I read it and it's a poem that James wrote. I smiled while reading every line that rhymed.

[Anabelle's point of view]

I received a message from James in my laptop.

"Hi Belle, so how was it? Did you gave already the letter to Angela?"

"Good morning, James, yes and I think she was amused. I glanced over her place and she is smiling!"

"James, can you be honest with me?"

"Yes, what is it, Belle?"

"Are you courting Ms. Angela? I observed that you like each other, but have you told her what will be your plans?"

"Actually I don't know how to start and besides we haven't met personally yet and that's the weird thing about it. We liked each other even we haven't seen each other. I was already saving up so that I can go to Manila."