Chapter 7 - The Wrath

[James' point of view]

The vehicles are clogging in a rush-hour of 6 pm while lining in the bridge that connects the mainland of Cebu to the island of Mactan where the airport is located. Inside the taxi, I was waiting for us to move while stuck on traffic on the bridge. I left early in my work though my flight will be late evening because of excitement.

Up north in Manila, Angela just had dinner in a fast food near their office. She is excited to see what my face looks like when she touches it. She is imagining how warm my hands are. She is always smiling and always looks at her watch because she cannot wait for us to meet.

**********

Finally, I approached the terminal as the taxi dropped me in the entrance. I slowly opened the taxi door then I carried my baggage to the x-ray machine and went straight to the check-in area.

"Redemption Air Flight JN 316 bound for Manila boarding at 11:10 PM," while the check-in staff encircled my boarding pass.

"Thank you miss," I said as I smiled.

"Angela, I already checked in and I'm here at the gate waiting for my flight which will 4 hours from now. I'm excited to see you!" I called Angela while finishing tying my shoes in the security.

"Me too! Actually I am now near the airport. See you then, I miss you so much, I love you!"

"I love you too!"

**********

As I was sitting on a bench, I was writing something to not get bored. I was writing a song for Angela.

It's the day before Christmas
that you gave your heart away
It's the day before tomorrow
is another special day
It's the day of new beginning
of my sweetest days in life
With the one i love the most
who inspires me day and night

And on that day all i can say
is like im riding on the Santa's sleigh
High above the moon on the cloudy night
drove by reindeers with their nose so bright
And in my tree you're my mistletoe
you're a blessing like a falling snow
You're like a gift that is tightly wrapped
do you know my greatest gift is that
He gave you to me
He gave you to me

It's the day before Christmas
that my worries are all gone
Thinking that this season
i'll be lonely and i have none
But then you came just right in time
on Christmas eve i called you mine
Then came the fireworks in the midnight
celebrating our love that night

Then I borrowed a guitar from one of my seatmates and recorded it on my new smartphone. The people around were listening and clapped their hands while I played it. Then we were called for boarding.

**********

Upon entering the jet bridge, I saw the big plane of Redemption Airlines. The flight attendants were kind and always smile to everyone inside and immediately the plane had its take-off.

I was so tired and decided to go to sleep as my eyes are so heavy then slowly it closes while cruising in the altitude of 30,000 feet.

Then a moments later, a flight attendant approached me while pushing a cart containing foods

"Hi sir, we have snacks here, what do you want?"

"Just a coffee please." My eyes took so many blinks because the flight attendant is familiar to me.

"Here is it sir. So you are going to Manila? what are your plans there?" said the flight attendant while handing me a boiling hot coffee.

"I will be meeting a special someone." I was wondering why the man asking personal questions.