First Day

I walk down the hall to the kitchen and went down to the table. I sat in the chair. “Hello family’ I said. “Hello” is what I got back from everyone. My father called for the maids to bring in our food I look down at it and want to dive in the food. It’s Rice with Miso soup! That stuff is so good. As I start to dig in to my found my mother says “Angela stops eating so fast and get your elbows off the table!” I really don’t want to hear her but that’s my mother so I have to respect her. “But mom this food is so good!” I explain. “I know this but be a lady you know you have to be a good example for Sue and Myra” she exclaimed. Ugh! I hate when she does this. “Yes mother I understand.” I sigh. I put my lady act on and am “appropriate”. As we continue to have dinner Jason comes running up. “Mater Chan, the emperor is here to see you” he says. Angel squeals like a teenage girl. I roll my eyes. Come on why does she even like him. He’s not all that! My father nods. “Bring him up Jason” my father orders. “Okay Master Chan!” He then turns to Sue “hey Sue” he waves to Sue and smiles. She does the same back. Oooh! I see she blushed. She likes Jason. Awe! So cute. He then runs back down and goes to get HIM.

 I finished eating so I said bye to my family and went to my room. After a while I hear a knock on my door. “Come in!” I yell to the person behind the door. I look back down and get back to writing. In Japan the women here do a lot of writing. They wrote in journals, diaries, novels. I got my inspiration from Murasaki Shikibu and her novel “The Tale of Genji”. I was big into writing. I even wanted to write a book. As I was writing in my diary a poem I heard a person cough. As I look up I see Emperor Kyoto Yamato looking at me. “Nice clothing.” He says while looking me up and down. I look down. I see that I’m only I’m my silk white night gown that stop mid-thigh. I jump under the covers. “What are you doing here Yoto?” I say surprised. “I’ve come to speak with your father and ask for some money.” He said smiling at me. “But you are wealthy too!” I said looking at him up and down. “I know. I love being wealthy! I can give my love ones the finer things in life.” He then looked at me with emotion running through his eyes. I don’t know what they are but I caught it. “Look can you get out!” I said. “No. I like it in here>” he said and lay down next to me with his arm around my neck. I started to get mad.” Get off me! Look you’re a good friend but leave!” I exclaimed. “You don’t tell me what to do>”. He pointed out like it was obvious. “Actually I do! You’re the one who has no power!” I stated. It was true. In this government we were the central. He only controlled the Shintoism. “You only deal with dealing with the spirits. You’re also supposed to be divine.” I said. “I am divine. I look like a god!” he exclaimed. I scoffed. “Your definitely not.” “I am Angie”. He said cooing at me. “Ewww! No don’t call me that!” Only my family calls me that. “Anyway, bye Angie!” he said jumping up and leaving my room. I go back to write in my journal about what has happened today. I fall asleep. Sighing in frustration, tiredness, and content.

_________________________________________________________________

Kyoto picture is on the side----------------------->