13

ʎzɐɹɔ

———

- brandi -

because of the number of people coming, we had to rent this van like vehicle. everyone was being stubborn saying that they didn't want to take their own car because it would be the same without everyone, and it would be easier since there wouldn't be a wait on other people. i was squished between corey and colby, and i felt more insecure than i ever have. my leg was bouncing and i was biting my lip with anxiety. "you okay?" corey asked and tilted his head to face me. i nodded but kept my eyes on the ground. he placed his hand onto my leg and it calmed me for a moment. "everything is okay, brandi. elliot's okay now." he was right. i shouldn't be stressing about elliot right now, but he wasn't what was crossing my mind at the moment.

"i feel a little trapped." i admit and continued to bounce my leg. "when are we gonna be there?" corey looked to the front seat and yelled out to elton.

"how much longer uncle elton?" andrea looked back to me with no emotion, and then turned to corey. elton looked back to us for a second and shrugged his shoulders. jay glanced down  at his phone and then back to me.

"probably like an hour." jay said and gave me a reassuring smile. "do you wanna switch spots?" i looked over to corey and widened my eyes lightly.

"no- no uh i'm okay." i didn't want to move away from my comfort person. i knew that if i did, i would feel even more insecure than i did right now. "thank you." i leaned my head into corey's shoulder and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep.

- corey -

when brandi laid her head down onto my shoulder, i watched as she slowly closed her eyes. there wasn't a way for me to make her more comfortable in her surroundings and it made me irritated. i told her i would keep her safe, but there isn't anything i could do right now.
    about 10 minutes later, colby turned to me and gave me a questioning look. "you two a thang?" he questioned with a fatuous voice. he looked back down to her and grinned.

"she uh- she just asked me to protect her. i'm trying to do that." making excuses was never my best quality when it came to these situations. "she's a little scared of this place." colby pursed his lips and nodded his head.

"i can understand that. but let her know that nothing will happen to her here. she's safe with us." colby placed his hand onto her thigh and let his grin fade.

"i saw elton's video where you guys met her. nice job getting her fired," andrea snickered and turned back to us. "elton told me about that whole thing." sometimes andrea pissed me off, but other times i thought she was funny. however, right now i was thinking that i wanted her to stop talking. "but it's sweet of you to let her stay at your house. even if you don't actually like her."

"what?" i questioned and shot my head back slightly. "what do you mean?" i chuckled but kept my cool.

"ya know? elton told me how you don't actually like her but sam forced her into your house." elton peered back to andrea and shook his head in dissatisfaction. "i'm serious elton! you did."

"yeah, i know i did but your exaggerating it, amanda." elton sighed but turned back to the road. i clenched my jaw and kept my hand on my thigh.

"what ever. anyway, i just thought it was cool how y'all are like friends or whatever you want to call it. even if you don't-"

"i do like her actually. a lot. she's like actually an amazing person, amanda. stop pushing it." i've never snapped at her before, but it was seriously pissing me off how she wouldn't stop. she widened her eyes in shock and turned back around to play on her phone. "damn." i whisper to myself. i can't wait to leave already.

- brandi -

i awoke to corey shaking my shoulder lightly. "hey, we're here." i crawled over the backseat and went out the door, going straight over to colby. "what's up?" he asked and pointed at me with a finger gun.

"wassup!" i say back, sticking out my tongue and folded my middle and ring finger over to make a rock out hand gesture. we laughed together and looked back over to elton after he set up his camera.
wrapping my arm around colby's arm, i rested my body against the side of his.

"alright guys, so we just arrived at the green mary," elton went on to explain how we're probably gonna go to our room first, then to the boiler room where we would start the investigation.

"you're being touchy, brandi." colby whispered in my ear as elton kept talking. my face became red and i looked up to him to see a devilish smirk across his face. "but i don't mind."

"you're such a flirt." i tease and lean back into him. my eyes wondered over to corey and saw him peeking over to us with a smirk. elton ended the section and picked his camera up. "i'm nervous," i giggled and left colby to stand by corey.

"sooo...." corey trailed off and pointed with his eyes over to colby with the same smirk he had earlier. "you and colby, yeah?" my lips turned upward and i shook my head in embarrassment.

"i don't know. he's just someone who i can trust too. i mean, sam isn't here so i mean... colby is the next best person other than you." corey intertwined our fingers like he always did and smiled down to me. "i know elton is cool too, and i do trust him... but not as much as the two of you."

"elton's likes to do bullshit pranks all of the time. which is kinda hard to trust when he does them all of the time, but he does care and he won't allow you to get hurt. so if colby or i am not around, elton will be there for you, brandi." listening to him talk took my anxiety away. elton walked behind us with his camera and spoke to his future viewers about the witch and priest coming later. "so, i have tough feelings about this witch coming."

"what about it?" corey paused in his steps and pressed the elevator button to take us don't to our room. "listen, you don't need to be worried, we got you gurl." he spoke in his valley girl voice and flicked his wrist at me. i flinched at first, but blew air out of my nose afterward.