9

ʎzɐɹɔ

———

- corey -

    that next day i had to bring something over to colby for his camera. it wasn't working properly and it was starting to piss him off since he had videos needing to be uploaded. when i knocked on the door, kat answered and she began to look nervous once she saw me. "hey!" she smiled and welcomed me inside. sam and colby were on the couch laughing with a couple other people. i walk around the couch and hand colby the spare part he needs for his camera. a small girl catches my eyes and made them water. brandi then slipped my mind and i pushed those emotions aside. it wasn't like i was replacing devyn, no i was distracting myself so i wouldn't be hurt anymore. i said things that were harsh, i know that, but this wasn't all my fault.

    "thanks brotha." colby shouts in a brutish accent and looks over to kevin. "uh did you want to stay and be in the video?" he winced slightly because he knew i wouldn't.

    "i'm good brotha. i'm gonna get back home to brandi. she's sad and i don't like seeing her that way." why was i trying to make devyn jealous? damn. colby nods and shakes me up. "i'll see y'all later." i wave and leave. my awkwardness didn't leave me until i got home to aaron and brandi. aaron has his phone out and was sitting on the couch with buddy while brandi ate an energy bar from the kitchen.

    "ooh! corey! okay, so i talked with some doctors at the hospital and they said that elliot can come home like next week. isn't that good news?" i nodded and gave her a side hug. "i'm nervous though." she admitted and pursed her lips. "i worked with elliot so hard to the point where he'd only have an episode once every other week. but now... i don't know how many he'll have per hour." i rubbed her back and nodded to show i was listening.

    "i'm sure he'll be the same, brandi. this experience didn't make anything worse. he's gonna be the same." she was still nervous and i could see the way her nose twitched slightly. "uh i'll get elton to come and help with elliot. he's like strong or what ever." i gave her a smile that showed my teeth and watched her lips turn upward as well.

    "damn," she sighed with relief and pulled away from me. "can you take me to see him?" she asked with desire as her knees bounced lightly. even if i wanted to, i couldn't tell her no.
    the car ride was longer than expected but we just sat in a comfortable silence. she would occasionally sing along to the music on the radio, then complain how she hated pop music. she was that type of funny that's not really purposeful. "i'm serious? like what the fuck is all this techno shit in the background? and they can't even sing. all they say are the same words!" brandi ranted with her eyes narrowed and her hands on her thighs. "moose blood is far better than these dweebs. same with three days grace." parking the car, i peer over to the brunette.

    "moose blood?" i inquired and raised an eyebrow. she nods and looks back at me. "really?" she scoffed and shook her head with disapproval. "no."

    "uh yeah! what do you mean? they're fucking great." i still shook my head, sticking with my final opinion. "tell me what song you heard that was so bad."

    "uh their cover of i don't love you." i say in a tone that made her sound stupid. she laughed and put her head down.

    "okay, that one isn't good. i'll give you that. but knuckles is a great song." i shrugged. i like music, but i literally don't ever listen to moose blood. "what ever. let's just go see my brother."
    we got to his room and he was wide awake. his body was still strapped down and a tray of cold veggies sat beside his bed. looking at his was a little painful. i don't know elliot as much as i should, but he didn't seem all that bad. "hey elliot." she spoke so soft that it calmed every part of my body. "how're you?" he shook his head and his eyes led her to the straps around his body. "you're not talking?"  his head shook and she sighed.

    "he okay?" i ask and stand beside her. her foot tapped onto the linoleum flooring with annoyance. "wassup elliot?" he smirked and then looked back to his sister. he was fully responsive, he just wouldn't talk. brandi wrapped her fingers around my wrist and dragged me into the bathroom. i turned to her with furrowed brows, confused on why she locked us in the bathroom.

    "that's not elliot." she whispered and placed her hands on her hips. "no, there is something else inside of him." i leaned against the bathroom walls and crossed my arms.

    "so... that's not your brother in there?" she shook her head and bit her lip. "that's crazy." laughing, i turn away from brandi and tried to understand what she was saying. of course that was elliot. who else would it be?

    "he did this when my mother first started her shit. he wouldn't talk to me or anyone else. at that point i had him kept in the basement, and all he would do was hint that he wanted me to let him out. corey, this isn't a fucking joke. that's not my brother!" she spoke so fast that i almost couldn't understand. "like... i don't ducking know, it's crazy. they won't believe me! i come talking to the staff being like oh my brothers possessed, they're gonna kick me out or something."

    "well i don't fucking know what to do, brandi! what other option do we have? we either take him home possessed, or we sound crazy to the doctors and get him help!" my voice became louder and higher everytime i added on a sentence. she was putting this all on me and i don't know what the do!

    "they'll lock him up like they did my mom! i can't do that to him, corey! i love him too much to see him go there. it's not fair-" a knock pounded on the door and she stopped talking.

    "excuse me, can you guys please come out of the bathroom?" a man asked. brandi looked to me with red painting over her cheeks. my heart dropped to my stomach and i walked to the door. a taller male stood in front of me in blue scrubs. "hello, elliot is having his routine check up and i need the room totally cleared." two police officers stood in front of the door with their hands on their hips just like they would in the movies. i looked back to brandi and nodded. she followed behind me and said a quick goodbye to elliot before leaving the room.

    "what the fuck?" i question. "what the fuck?" my brain was much too mixed up to even start to understand what just happened. "why was there officers?" my eyes widened and brandi just stood there with her arms crossed. "is he dangerous? what-"

    "corey, i don't know what he is. he definitely could be dangerous." this whole situation is crazy.