11

ʎzɐɹɔ

———

- corey -

when brandi jumped and held onto my arm, i couldn't understand what had frightened her. that was until i saw the shadow standing in the middle of the living room. i flipped on the switch in hopes it would disappear, but it didn't. elton stood in the room with his camera pointing straight at us. i dropped my arms down beside me and smiled pathetically. "dammit elton." i sighed and felt brandi release from my body.

"oh my fucking god!" she cursed and clutched her chest. "i thought i was gonna die. not gonna lie." she was quick to laugh about it. i loved how she could take a joke instead of getting pissed about it.

"hey!" elton spoke with amusement as he tried to cover his laughter. "i figured i'd come a bit early..." he trailed off and kept his camera pointed at me. i must look so confused currently. "i uh have some plans for us buddy."

"fuck elton." i rub my face with my hands and dreaded what he had to say next. "what?"

"i'm literally asking you this, i'm not forcing you. but i'm going back to the queen mary. room b340. no joke." he started to persuade me into going, telling me that he's hiring a priest and all. brandi just sat there listening to the mess. "are you down to go?" my eyes drifted over to brandi. she looked so involved with the conversation that it wouldn't be fair for me not to include her. "and brandi is welcome to join us too." she looked back to me and smiled softly.

"i mean, i'm totally down to go." i confess and watch brandi change her posture. when elton was talking about how he was getting a witch to come down and do some fresky shit, i noticed the way her nose twitched again and how her whole body just slouched.

"i just need the two of you to sign this so the viewers don't accuse me of forcing you into this." elton laughed lightly and slid a paper over to us. i grabbed two pens from the counter and handed one to brandi. the contract was long but i felt the need to read it... however i knew elton wouldn't put us in harms way or anything like that.

"uh, so this witch you got... she's from france?" brandi questions and leaned over a bit. elton nodded and pointed the camera toward brandi. "huh. i mean... i guess i'm down." elton cheered silently behind the camera and immediately went to the bathroom after. brandi looked over to me and shook her head. "i'm a little nervous, but i think i can handle it. i put complete trust into you. so just know, i can't fend for myself, corey. i'm an open book when it comes to this demonic shit. they find me easily because of what i practiced when i was younger. you have to protect me."

"of course." i place my hand on her thigh and gave her a sincere smile. i wanted to protect her as much as possible and knowing she was venerable in this situation made it even worse. "i got ya gurl." i spoke like a valley girl just to see her laugh.

"okay. now let's go get some food or something."

- at the restaurant-

- brandi -

we spent our time talking about each other. however i made it a point to not mention my past or elliot. "my mom was a big believer when it came to shit like that," i comment when elton began speaking about the past queen mary times. "she tried very hard to get involved with it."

"oh?" elton pushed me to keep talking but i wouldn't. i knew i could tell him things, but it was just a personal preference to not spread around my information like that. "interesting. so was it inherited? do you also like this type of stuff?" my shoulders rose for a second before falling again.

"i guess so? i did for a while. but i'm also adopted so i didn't exactly inherit it. i just was taught to like it i guess." corey bit into his chicken tenders and i could help but giggle. "you're such a weirdo." i complained and held my head in my hands.

"uh- excuse me!" corey pointed to me with his greasy index finger. "i'm not a weirdo! i just really like chicken." elton began to chuckle lightly too.

"exactly. you're a weirdo. nobody orders chicken tenders when they come to this place, corey. jesus."  he just sat there with a smile on his face as his fingers took off a piece of the breading. he threw the piece at me and i turned to him with disbelief. "oh lord." i threw a cucumber at him and he winced with awkwardness.

"it has ranch on it! get it off of me! it's sticking." my mouth was covered by my hand to stop the loud laughing i was creating. corey just huddled in the corner trying to get away from the cucumber. elton finally reached over and pulled it off. corey just looked at me with a frown on his tanned face. "how could you." be hugged elton and hid his face away from me.

"he trusted you!" elton said, adding dramatic effect as he held onto corey. i kicked elton under the table and he let corey go with a smile.

"you guys are so strange." 

- the next day -

- brandi -

elton laid beside me with his arms wrapped around my pillow that he stole. corey made a giant bed out in the living room using all of our mattresses. corey, elton, aaron, and i all used 4 mattresses to create a giant bed for each of us. we barrowed elliots mattress to complete the set up. elton's eyes opened and he looked back at me. "morning," he whispered and offered me a smirk.

"hey camera man." i greet and smiled back. corey laid on the other side of me and poked my back. i turned over and gave him an angry expression. "hey boy with braids." he looked a little shocked but soon just poked me again. "so i'm guessing we aren't gonna go see elliot today?" corey shrugged and stared into me.

"we can if you want. it's more important than leaving exactly on time. he's important to you and that's what matters." he booped my nose and i did it back to him.