1

ʎzɐɹɔ

———

- corey -

    my eyes concentrated on the bright screen in front of me. aaron sat in the other room listening to his music while i scrolled through social media. it was only when my eyes began to sting that i set my phone down and shut off the illuminating screen. my fingers rub against the thin skin that covered over my eyes. my black hoodie was coated with aaron's dogs fur and it was obvious that i haven't been out of our house in a little.
    i had no idea why my body was rejecting the thought of spending time with people, especially aaron since he was here, but whenever i thought about it my social battery just became instantly drained. usually i was the one that was most enthused about partying and was the happiest out of the group. must be a strange phase.

    colby invited me over to film a video today, and i told him i would come whether or not i craved to do it or not. my battery was already low, so i knew i should head over soon.

- brandi -

    today was a drag. work went on for hours on end without every getting a break. however i knew that clean up was going to be even worse then before. people decided to stay overnight in this place and they did not do a nice job on covering it up. my feet were barely covered by my thin socks as i walked across the scratched top of the trampolines. people tried to hide their laughter from beneath me as i walked. nobody has tried to stay after closing since i've worked here, and frankly i didn't know what to do. my feet landed back on top of the concrete flooring. i knew where they were, but i still had no clue on what to do.
    "hey guys, i know you're down there..." i sighed and fiddled my hands together. "can you come out please?" a couple curses found their way to my ears as the group of boys came crawling out from under the trampolines. first came a guy with facial hair and a camera in his hands. he was a decent height and looked a little concerned. following behind him was another boy with blue tips on the front of his brown hair. he had blue eyes to match the hair dye and he had an expression of annoyance. a blond guy followed behind with equally as blue eyes as the boy in front of him. and lastly followed a brown haired guy that had it braided on top. they all looked as if they were just thrown out of their own party.
    "i'm not gonna call the cops..." the man with the camera sighed with relief as he heard me announce it. i had a couple questions that i knew they could answer. "were you guys planning on staying here after closing?" the blond nods and so does the rest of his friends. he was cute.

    "yeah." says the guy with the braids. "we can leave if y'all want." i nodded and looked to the front door that was unlocked. they all seemed pretty chill, and i didn't have a problem staying for another couple hours if it was just to watch or hang out with these boys. they were all pretty attractive. which i know, that's horrible of me to think since two of them look like they could be minors.

    "i do have to ask though, how did you know we were here?" the camera man asked. i shrugged and pointed to the shoe wrack where their shoes still showed peaking out. "dammit!" he cursed and laughed lightly. i felt awful.

    "i'll tell you what, you guys can stay for a while. like a couple hours max because i do have to lock up. you all seem like a pretty cool group of guys. if you need anything let me know. and snacks are free too. just don't abuse your privileges." i explained and watch as they all widen their eyes. "my name is brandi and if you need anything, i'll be following you around."

    "wait-" the camera man calls as i turn to grab some waters from the fridge. "so you're letting us stay?" i nodded and watched him punch his friend in the shoulder lightly. they were all excited about the whole thing and i couldn't blame them. i wish i had expiriences like this when i was a teenager.

when i turned the corner with the water bottles, the guy with braids stood shocked. he looked into the foam pile where i'm guessing they found out that their pizza is missing. it really wasn't a great hiding place for the whole box. "i'm elton by the way." camera man introduces himself. "is it okay if we film this whole thing? and do you mind having your face shown?" i shook my head and pursed my lips.

    "of course not. you guys can do like literally whatever as long as you're not damaging property and each other." the blond raced down the stairs that lead to the foam pit and smiled to elton.

    "i'm sam," he looked to me and grabbed the camera from elton. "thank you so much for letting us stay. you're literally the coolest person." i shrug and smile to him. i didn't need to speak a single word for him to know i was saying you're welcome. the rest of the boys came down and made a crescent moon shape around me. i felt a smidge uncomfortable since they could all easily overpower me. what more could they want? i practically gave them the whole building to bullshit around in.

    "sup, i'm colby." the blue haired boy says with a smile that only angels could have. i smiled back and tried to hide away the blush that went across my face. "yeah, thanks again like soo much for letting us stay here." he still talked like a teenager, but his voice was mature enough to know he wasn't.

    "corey," says the one with braids. he had the most chaotic energy but also the most loving energy. and for some reason i felt a little uncomfortable making eye contact with him. a smile still remained on his tanned face. "thank you." his voice was for some reason really pretty to me. again, i nod my head and watch as they all look around to each other. "weird question, but do you wanna join us?" corey looked to elton with approval and he nodded.

    "i don't want to intrude on anything. i'm perfectly fine if you guys truly don't want me to join. i won't be offended." elton shrugged and took the camera back from sam so it would face me. "i guess..." i laughed and set the water bottles down. "thanks guys!" thank the lord they aren't weirdos.

- corey -

    i ran as fast as i could on the trampoline and tried my best to do a backflip. i landed it of course and i brushed it off like it was nothing. i missed doing these videos with these guys, yet my whole body just wanted me to sit down and not get back up again. brandi was pretty cool i guess. she could do a couple stunts which were pretty sick. we played around  for hours until brandi finally realized that it was close to 3 am. her face changed instantly and she took a quick sip of water. "we should get going." she laughed awkwardly. "uh, no rush on getting your stuff together." she ran to the kitchen and disappeared for a couple minutes

    "she's awesome," colby blushes as he takes a long drink out of his water. there was no doubt that all of us thought she was pretty chill. "and the fact that she doesn't know who we are is cool." i agreed and waved to the camera with a cheery smile. "call me crazy but we should grab her number or something." colby half closed one his eyes while he asked like he normally did when he says something either funny or serious. i thought it would be a little strange, but i also didn't mind.
    we would never think about doing this if it were a guy, but because it was a girl that colby thought was hot, we were gonna get her number.