Chapter: 14 The Spider Queen

Chapter: 14

Swiftrunner's POV:

Standing on the bridge and doing the workload that Soundwave has given me to do. Minding my own business and not even getting into any trouble at all, but it seems that Starscream had other ideas as well. Why can't this bot ever leave me alone? I ignored him as I continued to work on my task that was given by Soundwave. So much for getting the evidence that I needed for the Autobots since I have a bot hovering over my shoulder. He was only a couple of feet behind me but with a heavy frustrated sigh. I turn around to face him, "Can't you ever leave me alone to work?"

"Oh, I am just making sure you aren't up to any tricks. You are neutral but even though, you did choose to come with Knockout." He smirks at me.

"And your point is?" I snapped at him with a glaring look.

"Isn't it obvious? You could be a spy or a traitor. Your actions are highly suspicious." He smirks even wider than before.

I tilted my head to the side while giving him a strange look keeping my wheels from turning in surprise. He had been on me from the very start. There were a few mistakes that I have made as well, but I didn't think he was paying that close attention. Fear crawled through me, but I had to stay calm. I had to stay calm. That was the most important part. A soft sigh escapes from my lips while shaking my head, "Obviously, you are imagining things as always. Didn't you learn your lesson before, Starscream?"

"That's Commander Starscream to you!" He snapped at me.

"I serve Megatron, not you." This time it was me who was smirking and not him.

He seems startled by my words before growing angry again, "You will bow to me."

"I shall not." I snapped at him. 

"Why you little-" He reached out to scratch my paint with his servo except it was caught by Soundwave. My wheels turn in relief at the sight of him and Starscream seems surprised as well. Soundwave jerked him away from me and stood in front of me. Not saying anything except making Starscream quite angry as well. 

"Get out of my way, Soundwave!" He demanded of him.

Without saying anything, he whipped his other tube-like things out while heading straight for Starscream. Starscream back up quickly while raising his hands, "All right!" He turned around and strode out of the room with fast movements and once the doors were closed. Soundwave turns around to face me as his tendrils disappear. He gave me a smiley emoji on his screen and placed his hand on my head. It surprises me, but a smile spreads across my lips. Imagine the silent one can communicate in his own way.

He pointed to the screen and I knew what that meant as well. With a roll of my optics, I turned around and continued my work with him standing next to me while he ended up pointing out certain things to me. Everything was calm once more and working next to Soundwave, it was peaceful. His company was much appreciated even though he was a mute bot, but he had his strange ways of speaking with recordings. "Are you okay?" He gave me a voice recording again.

Raising an eyebrow at him while feeling quite surprised, "Yes, I'm fine. Starscream is a pest that is constantly bothering everyone."

He gave a smirk emoji and that made me chuckle lowly before we gazed at each other for a moment. Turning to the computer once again, we kept working on our tasks. Not knowing that I would have another bot that was more cunning and wicked as well. 

*(*

Soundwave's POV:

It was obvious that Starscream was a little over the top with Swiftrunner, but the femme knows what she is doing especially with being my assistant as well. She was a great assistant with Knockout and knows her expertise well. So, why did Starscream seem so adamant about the femme? He was always trying to start trouble with her and go after her when I was not around. I may be the ears and eyes of the Decepticons, but that doesn't mean I can be everywhere at once.