Chapter: 15 Metal Attracts

Chapter: 15

Swiftrunner's POV:

The news came of Airachnid's plans for the human Jack, his mom, and Arcee, but all three of them are fine. It was a relief to say that. Megatron had exiled her as a rogue Decepticon after losing the fight against Arcee. Finally, I had gotten word from them and had sent them what I had known as well as that weird language folder too. I didn't send all of them, only one. It would look suspicious if I sent the entire thing and not just one where it could easily be misplaced. 

The chaos had settled and the calm air was able to cool down my circuits. Soundwave was most pleased about Airachnid's failure which I was too. It still made me curious as to why Soundwave didn't like the femme. Did something happen between them? Did she do something to make him distrust him? I wouldn't know and I didn't dare ask as well. It wasn't my place to do so. Plus, I could care less about that femme bot. Everything was going well until she came along—that wretched little spider. 

It proves to be more obstacles in the way which isn't surprising. I would have to be more cunning and clever, but I was getting the feeling that she was that way. It would explain why Soundwave didn't trust that femme bot. It was probably why Starscream didn't trust me either, but I like poking him and prodding him. It was fun getting underneath that metal of his. He was a coward. All talk and no bite. 

The stupid bot was annoying. With an annoyed huff, I walk down the hallways while looking around and wondering where Soundwave is. Where the hell was Knockout and the others? I know they were here somewhere. As I was heading to the bridge, there seemed to be clicking behind me. I turn around to find no one there at all. Whatever it was, it made my gears turn. Not in a good way either. 

I heard voices on the bridge as I came closer to the doors. They open up to reveal Soundwave showing Megatron something on his visor that was pulled up on the monitors as well. Breakdown was standing in front of Megatron again while I walked onto the bridge. I stayed where I was until I was noticed. It wasn't like I was going to interrupt the two, but Soundwave did acknowledge me with a tilt of his head. I gave a tilt of my head in return as well as a smile. For some reason, I felt my body heating up and blamed it on the room temperature.

It seems that whatever signal they were getting. The Autobots would be getting the same thing as well especially with Ratchet tracking the signal. Breakdown wanted to prove to Lord Megatron that he was equipped to retrieve whatever it was. He got what he wanted. Megatron agreed to let him go and fetch it for him. How nice of the so-called lord. As Megatron left the bridge, Soundwave gave Breakdown the ground bridge and he disappeared to do his job. 

It was nice not to have worried about that femme bot. With a servo, Soundwave indicted for me to come closer to him. I didn't hesitate in sauntering over to the eyes and ears of the Decepticon. It was hard to tell what his facial expression was behind that visor of his, but I raised an eyebrow at him in a curious manner. He indicated to the monitors and I nodded. I knew what he meant as we returned to work on what he was doing. 

-(-

It wasn't long before Breakdown returned and Megatron was not happy about him returning empty-handed. It wasn't until he turned around that Airachnid was attached to his back. All of us were surprised with the outcome as Soundwave and I shared a look. Megatron spoke, "Airachnid, it has been some time."

She gave me a wink as I gave her an annoyed look in return before speaking to the leader of the Decepticons, "Lord Megatron, what can I say? It's good to be back."

With that being said, Breakdown was escorted out of the room while heading down to the medbay. They were hoping that Knockout would have a solution to it. At least she would be busy for right now, but sadly, the femme bot had returned. It was annoying to know that she was going to be staying now. Megatron didn't say anything to us before striding out of the bridge. I wonder what he does when he is alone and not around his Decepticons.