Chapter: 3 Learning

Chapter: 3

I couldn't believe that Megatron was still alive. My energon run cold after finding out and being in the Med bay with Knockout. I have been assign to Soundwave as I knew some secrets that weren't entirely disastrous towards the Autobots, but I could also make up a couple of facts as well. The Nemesis was quiet and I was getting bored. What am I going to do? What is there to do? Soundwave barely has me do anything and he's silent. 

He doesn't talk at all, which isn't surprising, to say the least. He is the ears and eyes of the Decepticons. A sigh escapes from me and I want to leave or do something to pass the time. I walk over to the door and it slid open, but only run into another bot. I stumble backward but instantly was caught. My optics look up to a visor that was looking down at me. I quickly stood up straight and apologize, "My deepest apologies, Soundwave." 

He tilted his head a little, but then nodded before motioning for me to follow him. He began to walk away and I took a deep breath. Well, this is a surprise. What does Soundwave want with me? Did he find out already? Was this over before it even started? My breathing was coming in faster, but Soundwave kept walking. We were walking down familiar hallways and I realize where we were going. The doors open to the bridge and there wasn't anyone around. 

Starscream wasn't here and that was a relief. Soundwave stopped at the computers and I stood by him. He looks over his shoulders at me and motion with his hand for me to come closer to the computer. I did as I observe the screens. He pointed at one and I notice that Starscream was observing something down on the ground along with Knockout, but I notice the energon source that wasn't too far away. He presses the keys and began to do something else. 

He brought up a database and with a recording of his, "I want you to get familiar with this."

I look up at him and nodded my head before training my optics to the database. He folded his arms behind his back and stay next to me while observing Starscream. This was a little awkward standing this close to Soundwave and learning about the database. He doesn't know who I am working for. Out of the corner of my optics, I notice he was looking at me. I focus my attention on the database while getting familiar with the documents like he said.

*(*

Soundwave's POV: 

It was different having someone else around that was interested in what I do for the Decepticons. It was actually nice to have someone else around to take the load off of my shoulders, but she needs to learn on what to do before giving her a task. It would be a complete disaster if I start her off with a complicated mission and ending with terrible results. I would be furious and Starscream would probably do something worst to her.

A strange feeling went through me as I gaze at the femme next to my side. She was focus while reading the database, but I caught her looking over at me from the corner of her optics. She was observing me while I did the same of her. I shrugged it off and focus on what Starscream was doing with Knockout, but so far. All they were doing was talking to one another. There was nothing to be concerned of. Yet.

"You don't trust Starscream, do you?" She asked.

A jolt of surprise rush through me and I look over at her to see she was studying me again. I shook my head to confirmed her question. She looks at the screen with distaste, "I don't trust him either. There's something else that is going on here."

My optics widen and she spoke what was literally on my mind. Her optics widen and she looks up at me with a terrified expression on her face. I tilted my head in confusion and she began to apologize, "Please forgive me for speaking out of term, Soundwave."

A faint smile spread across my lips, even though she couldn't see my face behind the visor. I could see her perfectly clear. There must be a recording that I have to reassure the new recruit. It's awkward for me to say anything. I found one and use it to speak to her, "All is well."

She let out a sigh of relief and focus her attention on the database once again. Amusement spread through me and I walk away from her. Maybe, she won't be so bad to have around. Her optics follow me out of the bridge.

*(*

Swiftrunner's POV:

I could have died right then and there! I really need to keep my mouth shut. It was so easy to speak out of term. At least, he didn't get mad or did anything that would result in punishment to me. That was a close call and I must be alerted at all times. How foolish of me! I couldn't concrete on the database as embarrassment rush through me. I took a deep breath before centering the chaos going through me and refocus my attention back on the Database. This is why I am here. To get information and to report back to Optimus. 

The database pretty much holds everything and I realized Soundwave kept all the records here too. This is probably why the Decepticons are so protected of their aircraft. I wonder if there is anything here that could tell me how the aircraft is invisible to the radar for the Autobots. Suddenly, I remember what it was, but as soon I was going to look through the database. The door slid open and in walk Starscream with Knockout. 

Scrap!

"Swiftrunner, I didn't realize that you were in here," Starscream smirked at me.

"Soundwave must have brought you to the bridge, right?" Knockout asked while folding his arms across his front.

"He did. So, I could get familiar with the database, but my wires are going to fried at any given moment. So, I'm going to take my leave. Lord Starscream and Knockout." I nodded to them before making my way out of the bridge room. The door slid shut behind me and I let out a breath that I was holding. They almost caught me going through the database to look for that cloaking shield. 

I must look for it some other time. Right now, I guess I go explore the aircraft some more. It never hurts to get to familiar with my surroundings. As I began to walk away from the doors, I crashed into another bot again. Why must I be so clumsy today? My optics look up into a blank visor and they widen as panic shot through me again. Why must it be Soundwave again? Why the hell do we keep running into each other? I began to apologize again, "I'm sorry. Apparently, I'm really clumsy today." 

Embarrassment wash over me and Soundwave let my arms go, but he didn't seem angry. He pointed one of his servo's to the door that leads to the bridge. I got what he was trying to tell me and I answered him, "Knockout and Starscream return."

He gave me a nod and then pointed down the hall. I nodded to him and quickly walk away. I'm such an idiot!

*(*

Soundwave's POV:

We did it again. Ran into each other and her optics were filled with a terrified expression. Has she never been with a team? I shook my head before walking onto the bridge and saw Starscream with Knockout. They were talking about Megatron and I walk over to them. Knockout saw me first before pointing over Starscream's shoulder. Starscream turns around with a surprised look, "Ah, Soundwave. Has there been any signs of the Autobots?"

I shook my head and glance over at Knockout, but he was looking at the database that I was having Swiftrunner go over. She got almost all of it done except for some at the bottom. Starscream must have interrupted her process, but I was surprised that she had gotten that far. This teaching isn't going to be so bad as I thought. Starscream was talking about something, but I had tuned him out. All I did was pointed for him to get out of my way.

He did and Knockout move away from me as well. I knew they share confused looks between them, but I could care less about what Starscream thinks. Swiftrunner is right. There is something else going on, but I must keep a close on Starscream and Knockout. She must have left the bridge because she didn't trust Starscream. I don't know about Knockout, but all he is a medic. So, there was nothing to worry about. Starscream on the other hand, I must keep watch over him. Track his every movement and to know what exactly he is up too.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D