Departure

They reached the top floor of the Hokage tower, only to be greeted by two imposing closed doors. The ninja guard standing there covered his face with his elbow as soon as he noticed Kiba.

"You want to go on a rescue mission, you said? You look like you caught death."

"It's really important." Kiba argued in between two sniffles. "Will the Hokage be available soon?"

As the guard was about to answer him, the doors opened from inside, pushed by none other than Kyousuke. He smiled in surprise as soon as he noticed his three friends standing in front of him.

"Oh, hi! Wait... why do you guys look ready to go on a mission?"

"Because we are." Emi replied in a flat tone.

She didn't gave him time to understand and entered the Hokage's office while dragging him by the arm. The small group followed her quickly, the guard closing the doors behind them. The hokage showed a surprised look, not expecting their visit.

"Back so soon?" Kakashi Hatake remarked.

Even though his face was always covered up in half, they could see a smile taking form under his tight mask.

"Apparently?" Kyousuke shrugged.

Mizuiro made a step forward.

"Hum... hi. We're here for... well, do you remember sending Aburame Shino on a mission four days ago?"

She was keeping her calm -as always- but couldn't help herself being insistent about someone so dear to her.

"Why would you ask?" The Hokage answered calmly.

Kiba pointed the beetle on Mizuiro's shoulder.

"That's a tracking bug he sent, I know it." Kiba showed him, sneezing right after this sentence. "It kept following her everywhere... that means he wants us to go find him. He must need back up."

The Hokage made a quick gesture with his hand, informing Mizuiro to approach. He examined the bug and put his hand on his chin.

"You must be right. His mission shouldn't have taken this long anyway."

He looked behind Mizuiro's shoulder, seeing the three others wait for his verdict.

"And I suppose you all want to go?"

Emi stepped in front of Kiba.

"Our team can go." She declared. "Kiba has to rest."

"No way, Shino's my teammate!" He argued. "And I can help tracking him!"

"Surely your nose cannot be that good with all of this mucus." Emi reciprocated, her eyes rolling to the right.

The Hokage sighed, and Mizuiro was getting impatient. She bit the bottom of her lip. She was about to ask them to stop arguing, but the Hokage got up from his chair.

"Kyousuke, would you be ready to leave again so soon?"

"Yes."

"And you Kiba, you need rest."

"But-"

"I don't mind you staying for the briefing,  but you must stay here," he insisted. "I won't send someone so sick on a mission."

Kiba crossed his arms, looking at Emi in frustration. She ignored him, knowing very well she was right.

The Hokage asked them to approach his office as he reached for a folder in his desk. Opening a map of the Land of Fire, he told them that Shino had to accompany a certain Haruka to an onsen* in the north. Since the place was in the mountains outside of the village, she asked for protection. That seemed like a simple mission enough. Considering the distance, it was only a two days mission at most, three if they really took their time. Shino should've been back before today.