Nightmares

"…they were running away from something…"

Chapter IX

A small creature that resembled a miniature elf without the distinct ears looked at Aeroniel with fear in its eyes. Aeroniel cocked her head to the side confused as to what exactly the thing was. The creature had curly brown hair with blue eyes. It didn't wear shoes but it had normal clothes, but not clothes Silvan elves would wear. Instead, it bore hair on the tops of its feet. She followed the creature through the forests until the creature stopped hiding itself behind a tree. It looked to it's left only to see two other similar looking figures. The creature didn't seem to know Aeroniel was following close behind. She slowed down as she saw what seems to be the broken head of a massive warrior statue. The head resembled features of mankind which confused the she-elf. No man-kind was near her lands, but neither was the kind of this creature.

Another dirty blonde hair creature looked at the creature in front of Aeroniel but looked past her as if she wasn't even there.

"Pst! Frodo, over here!" The creature called out.

Frodo looked at the two of them and shook his head slowly.

"What is he doing?" The other creature asked the other.

"He's leaving…" The two creatures looked at each other before jumping out behind the trees, yelling "Hey! Over here! Over here!"

The moment the creatures began to yell a stampede of heavy footsteps and the sounds of heavy army clanking against swords crept closer and closer. Aeroniel looked to see what was coming their way as she saw the two creatures run away from the sounds. She saw Frodo get up and begin to run and followed after.

Frodo kept running through and around the trees looking back in fear. "What are you doing? Go back! Help the others!" He yelled, this time realizing Aeroniel was there. Frodo looked dead straight in her eyes; he was actually speaking to her. The fear in his blue eyes concerned Aeroniel believing for a second that she has known him for a long time… like she had some sort of connection. Frodo yelled at her once again to go back and turned running in the other direction.

She ran to try to grab him to get answers but the moment she reached out to him there was a screeching animalistic noise that caught her attention. She quickly turned around only to see what looked like a distorted elf who's skin bore black, raise its sword at her about to strike.

"AHHH!" Aeroniel jumped up form her bed raising her arms covering her face, eyes shut. Hastened footsteps emerged quickly to her room.

"What is wrong?" Legolas asked urgently. Aeroniel looked deathly afraid and it caused worry to spread over his face.

"A dream…" Aeroniel said quietly the color from her face slowly fading.

Legolas's face softened, "It was just a nightmare… do you wish to tell me what happened?" Aeroniel looked at him with fear and shook her head.

"Not now..." She grabbed the prince's hand. "Please stay with me." She moved a little to make some space for him to lie in the bed with her. "Please… I don't want to be alone…"

Legolas looked at her deciding whether or not that would be a good decision. He gave in the moment he saw her give a little pout and pulled the covers over, laying beside her. Laying there together, Aeroniel buried her face in his chest breathing in his scent. She let out a slow sigh where Legolas can tell that her heart rate was at least back to normal. He rubbed her hair and kissed her forehead softly. He chuckled to himself.

I never imagine the first we lay together in bed would be this…

His thought was interrupted, "What's so funny?" Aeroniel asked frowning, looking up at him.