The Red Wedding

Chapter X (Last Chapter!!!)

The rays of the morning sun sprayed across the kingdom giving Mirkwood its breath-taking aurora.  Aeroniel smiled taking the refreshing air into her lungs.  She looked down from her balcony and saw common Silvan elves walking around the palace also admiring the beautiful weather the Valars have given them today.

“You seem to be doing well.”  Eroborn called from behind her.  Startled, Aeroniel turned around but then laughed when she saw it was only her father.

“The Valars have blessed me.”  She responded a smile spreading across her lips.  It was refreshing to see her father smile after all the chaos that has erupted.  “How is mother?”  She asked nervously, biting her lip.  She could only imagine how devastated her mother is at this moment wondering if she is still alive or not.

Eroborn chuckled, “She is better now.  I have sent word for her that you are up on your feet.”  Her father walked up to her gently holding her face with his two hands.  Aeroniel smiled and placed her palm over one of his hands.

“My daughter, you are so strong… I cannot tell you how proud I am of you.”  Eroborn said quietly.  Tears began to swell in his eyes.    

“Ada…” Aeroniel mumbled looked down at her feet.  She has never seen her father show so much emotion towards her.  She couldn’t say she didn’t enjoy though.  She loved every second of it.

A knock came from the doors.  One of the realm’s guards walked in slightly bowing to the two elves.

Eroborn pulled himself together.  “Is something wrong?”  He asked the guard.  The guard looked up.

“The king has asked to see you.  He apologizes for interrupting-”

The warrior lifted his palm.  “Nay it is fine.  The king asks for my presence, I will be there shortly.”  He turned to look at his daughter.  “I will be back soon.”  Aeroniel bowed her head as her father turned around walking out of the room with the guard following him.  Another knock emerged from her door.

“Come in.”  The she-elf said she was distracted by the realm’s beauty, still looking out from the balcony.

“Missed me?”  A familiar, sarcastic voice called.  The she-elf looked up and smiled brightly at her old friend.

“Napolde!”  She rushed over, embracing her.  Napolde hugged her back, her cheek smashed against Aeroniel’s.

“Lle ie ethiel mellon…” (I am glad you are well friend…) She whispered in her ear.  She pulled back looking at her face with all seriousness.  “I thought you left me… for good that day…”

Aeroniel smiled at her, cupping her cheek.  “I’m not leaving anytime soon.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My King.”  Eroborn walked into the court, bending on one knee in front of the king.  Thranduil smiled and nodded.  Eroborn got up and walked up the steps of the throne.

“I understand you are my guardian, part of the King’s Guard.  However I need to ask you to do one last important task for me.”  Thranduil started.  He picked at one of the arms of the throne, contemplating how to tell his friend.  The guardian looked at his face, trying to figure out what was so important.

“I will do anything you task me, my king.”  Eroborn said bowing his head.

“Lord Elrond has called a meeting in Rivendell.  I wish for you to accompany Legolas, as he is the heir to Mirkwood.  Please protect him from any dangers that comes in your journey.”