Forgotten

“How can you just forget about me…”

Chapter VI

“So you’re telling me that you have two very attractive warriors that are infatuated by you.”  Napolde said rubbing her chin.  She threw her hands up in the air, “So what’s the problem?  I know many she-elves, including myself that would love to be in your place!”

Aeroniel laughed and shook her head, “But I do not see Haldir like that anymore… you know that.  I have gave my heart to Legolas.”

“And I am guessing Haldir is trying to win you back?”  Napolde assumed.

“I believe so… he told me not to leave, and part of me wanted to stay and be in his arms, but I knew I had to go.”  Aeroniel got up from her bed and walked over to her balcony doors.  “Advancements are tomorrow, I don’t know if I can be entirely focused…” She said quietly touching the glass of the door with her fingertips.

“Seems to me that maybe you still have something for Haldir.  One cannot simply just forget the past.  You two did have something, whether it felt real to you or not.”  Her friend said standing next to her.  Aeroniel turned to look at her good fiend and sighed.

“I am to meet a warrior today, off my father’s wishes.  So that adds another warrior to this confusing triangle.”  Napolde’s eyes widened as Aeroniel turned around and slumped back onto her bed.  The she-elf groaned and smashed her pillow on top of her head.

“Why must all of this happen to me…” She said in a muffled tone.  Napolde rushed to her bed, pulling off the pillow.

“Lies!”  She said stunned.  “An arranged marriage Niele?  How can that happen to you, who is just a Silvan elf?”

Aeroniel sat up picking at one of her braids.  “It doesn’t make sense.  And it is not like I could defy my father, but I will defy whoever he brings me.  I love Legolas and I promised I would.”

Napolde nodded her head and crossed her arms.  “And you should, you should be with the one you truly love for the rest of your life Niele.”

The she-elf sighed.  “I just hope he is my last love.  My first and last love… I don’t think my heart could take another shot.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lady Galadriel, elaborate on this vision you speaked of before.”  King Thranduil asked as he sat himself on his throne.  Eroborn placed himself at the right side of the king looking intently at the she-elf.

“The prince and two other she-elves will make way to Rivendell.  That is all I know, but I also have seen in my vision, dwarves and men making their way to Elrond’s as well.” 

“She-elves?”  Thranduil asked puzzled.  Galadriel nodded at his statement.  “I could not see one of their faces, for the light shined too bright for my eyes to see clearly.  But I know your son will be there.”

Thranduil’s breathing got louder and more stressed as he tried to keep his anger under control.  Eroborn looked at the king’s face concerned, “My lord…”

“I am fine.”  Thranduil replied holding his palm up.  He got up from his throne and made his way to the she-elf.  “I will let the events take place, as long as the future holds it.  If my son dare gets hurt, I will hold you responsible and our alliance will be done.  I will not give any of my soldiers to Elrond or to men, as they are here to protect these lands.”

Lord Celeborn spoke up, his anger rising.  “And what will you do, when Sauron’s army walks across these lands!”

Thranduil shot him a look and slammed his fist down.  “Then my army and I will lose our lives to protect these lands!  You know why I do not trust men.  Because of men there is still evil!  You cannot trust their weak minds.  The ring corrupted them and it will continue to corrupt them.  It is their fate.”