Real Eyes Realize Real Lies

“To protect you… I took my leave, as I had no other choice but too…”

Chapter IV

Thranduil’s lands were enormous in size and bountiful in its peace and serenity.  Small golden lights were perched on every other ancient tree providing light to make way through the kingdom.  The Prince led the Lothlorein elves through the Woodland Realm finally reaching the entrance gates. 

“Edro i’ andos, Lothlorein quessir ier sinome.” (Open the gates, the Lothlorein elves have arrived.)  Legolas shouted causing the two elves in charge of what goes in and out of the kingdom, to slowly open the gates.  As the sound of metals began to clink the door began to slowly open as Legolas turned around to face the guests.

With a smile on his face he said, “I welcome you to my father’s Kingdom.”  He reached his arm out gesturing them to follow, slowly walking in.  More golden lights were perched on ancient trees as it was somewhat dark in the kingdom.  The ancient trees were so gigantic, that some of the tree’s branches provided pathways while some provided archways and bridges to cross over. 

Haldir admired the place and how unique it had become.  “This place seemed so much bigger than what I have remembered it to be…” Legolas turned and laughed.

“It is because you haven’t been here for hundreds of years mellon nin (friend).  Much can change in a matter of that much time.”

Haldir smirked turning to look at him, “Much you say?  Has my dashing looks changed brother?”

Legolas lowered his eyes, shaking his head, “Nor did your odd personality change eh?”  The two elven warriors shared a laugh continuing to walk through the kingdom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eroborn stood from his post causing Thranduil to look up from his book.  “They are here my king.”

“Ah, it’s about time.”  Thranduil said closing his book, crossing his legs.

“King Thranduil.  The Lothlorein elves have arrived seeking your presence.”  Legolas said pushing the doors open.  He began to make his way towards his father, standing right below the throne to his left as Eroborn made his way to the right side of the King.  Thranduil smiled at his old friends and got up from his throne making his way down the steps.

“Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel of the Light.”  He said proudly, “It is so nice to see you once again old friends.  Welcome to Mirkwood.”

Celeborn and Galadriel both bowed slightly to the king.  “It is a pleasure to walk throughout your lands and kingdom once again Thranduil.  Your realm has grown to be exceptionally beautiful from when I could recall, but it has always been a breath-taking site.”  Celeborn said smiling. 

Thranduil laughed, “You are being too kind, it is your land that is of true beauty.  But I do thank you for considering my lands to be breath-taking.”  He bowed his head faintly.  He changed his view onto Haldir who was behind Celeborn with his head bowed.

“And who is this familiar face I see?”  Thranduil asked walking closer to him.

“It is good to see you again my king.”  Haldir spoke, head still lowered.

Thranduil placed his hand on his shoulder, smiling.  “We are family Haldir, you are most welcome here.”  Haldir beamed at the king who has once been like a father to him when Legolas and him were very young.  Thranduil turned to face Legolas and nodded to dismiss the others.