Broken

“She appears strong and independent, but is broken in pieces inside…”

Chapter III

A bright light shined upon Legolas’s face as his eyes squinted in response.  He lifted his hand to hover over his brows to dim the light but saw nothing but a she-elf walking closer and closer to him as the light continued to shine brighter and brighter.

“Who are you?”  He asked the white light as it drew closer and closer.  When it finally reached close enough to him, the image of Aeroniel appeared.  She was dressed in a white gown that flowed freely over her body showing her tiny curves with her dark brown hair flowing gently around her face. A small, gentle smile was on her face.  Her piercing honey eyes looked deep into his eyes.  She leaned over close enough for him to smell her sweet scent, and placed her palm on his cheek.  Legolas shuddered at her touch and looked up, meeting her bright eyes.

“You have saved me…” Aeroniel quietly whispered as she leaned closer to him, closing her eyes slowly.  Legolas started to close his eyes and lean in closer hoping that she would kiss him with her soft lips.

“Are you trying to make your lips look more bigger son?”  A voice called out.  Legolas opened his eyes meeting his father who was looking at him with a confused face.  His eyes widened and quickly sat up from his bed.

He muttered a curse, upset that it was only a dream.  “No… I wasn’t trying to… I wasn’t doing anything.”

Thranduil laughed watching Legolas glared at him.  “I will never quite understand you young elves.”  Legolas placed his palm on his face trying to hide his embarrassment.  He will never let go of what he just saw… Why me valar… why me???

“I did not come here to watch you sleep.  Elves from Lothlorien are coming today.  They will fully reach Mirkwood by nightfall.  I need you to greet them, and ensure that their trip was safe and easy.”  Thranduil said changing the subject.

“May I ask whom is coming?”  Legolas responded hopeful, thinking of an old friend.

“You will see.”  Thranduil smiled, getting up and leaving his room.

At least it is during the night.  I can still see Aeroniel before I go.  Legolas grinned and quickly left his room to get washed up and ready.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up sleepy head.”  Napolde sat herself down on Aeroniel’s bed causing her to slowly open her eyes.

“Do you insist of waking me up this early Nana?”  She said angrily covering her face with a pillow.

“It is not even early Niele… the prince is keeping you up late, yes?”  Napolde asked pulling the pillow off Aeroniel’s face.  “Come on now, don’t be shy, do tell what happened!”

Aeroniel got up and eyed her suspiciously.  “What, so you can tell everyone about my business?”  She laughed getting up from her bed.  Napolde frowned and got up to follow her.

“Of course not!  I’m just curious.  What happened when I left?”

Aeroniel turned and sat near her table next to her balcony windows.  “Not much… he helped my bow skills and then he took me home…” 

Napolde scoffed in disbelief.  “No kissing?  How boring.”  She crossed her arms, disappointed.

“Why would I kiss him Nana?”  Aeroniel asked looking at her reflection in the mirror.  She picked up her brush and began to comb through her long brown hair.