"Out" Part 8

"Out"

I'm too drunk for this. But, what have I done? I'm so stupid. Stupid! My--I can't--I'm more drunk than I was ten minutes ago. If I attempt to walk down the stairs, I just may fall. I made a dumb mistake and I have to man up and face them. My silly, stupid mistakes brought Kemper out of the woodworks. My lady, my baby, my mistakes, Kemper. No. She'd never want me again. I stagger back in the house and grip the sink with everything in me. Two fingers down my throat and it's up. I feel like the lowest levels of feces. I can't imagine how she feels. I'm coming, baby. Two bottles of water won't save me from this blind insanity.
By His grace, I made it to the hospital. Everyone thought I was crazy as I stumbled my way to the front desk. I asked to see my fiancé. The little lady looked frightened. She asked me to have a seat. The two percent of my mind that's still sober thinks she called security, too. "I'm sorry, sir, you won't be able to see her right now."
"Ma'am, I just need to know that she's alright. It's my fault that she's here. I'm so stupid," I say slurred and loudly. Next thing, I know police and security approach me. "Please, just let me know she's alright. I will leave with no problem, just tell me. How's the baby?" I start to lose my composure as they pull me out the door. "I can't leave yet!" To my blurred left, I see Kemper following us. My regret says that it looks like he's been in a bloody fight. He said something to security and the police. They pause for a second. "Kemper, man, please. Tell me. How is she? How's the baby? That's all I'm asking." He wouldn't answer me. I lost it. Kemper only shook his head. I knew I lost her because of what he did next. She never let anyone touch it. He opened his palm and revealed the bloody ring. I fell mute as they pulled me away. He only shook his head, turned away and dropped it.
                                                                         Jess