"Soon" Part 2

Soon"

Both Jess and Kemper stood there looking at me. I couldn't hold in the tears. I've never been so confused before. Never imagined something like this happening. The man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with took my child from me. Yet, this stranger gave me new life. Jess put his eyes back on Kemper. "She doesn't know you anymore. She still loves me and I'm taking her with me when she gets out of here." A fight almost broke out until the doctor entered the room with our son.
"Mr. and Mrs. Danielson, he's breathing better. You can come and see him." Breathing better? What's wrong with him? Worry crossed my face when I saw the incubator.  "The wreck shook him up a bit, too", remorse was evident on his face. I'm already propped up, but I try to get out of the bed. My stomach is really sore. I feel the stitches. Again, they both move in unison to help me. "She's not yours. Learn your place, Jess." "Soon." I raise my hand towards Jess. "I'm sorry." Kemper helps me up. I want to touch him. Walking was a struggle but I managed to make it to him. The cold air chilled my arms and legs. I can't even feel the hospital gown on me. He looked so precious and sweet. All I want to do is hold him. I stared and touched his hand for many minutes. Nothing was wrong in the moment. Kemper stood next to me to join the gaze. I could see Jess out of the corner of my left eye. Looks like his life was taken from him.
"We can go home, but he has to stay here for a little while. I'm going to take you home with me."
"No."
"What?" Kemper ignored every ache in my body and sat me on the bed. Space and opportunity is all he wants with Jess now. "You need to leave now. Never come back."
"That won't happen." Jess pushed Kemper with everything in him. Something changed in Kemper's eyes. He lost it. They're fighting and there's nothing I can do. Wait. My baby. I can't speak, so I have to react. I'm almost to the incubator to move him to safety. Suddenly, Jess throws Kemper into to me without realizing I'm in the line of fire. If I wasn't mute, my scream would've shattered every window in the room. The force of our bodies knock over the incubator.
                                         Gecko
                                  chamyl ati leumas