06 || Dive! Dive! Dive!

Bee's POV

The radio Y/n installed for me was working a lot. I decided to take advantage of it and try my best to communicate through it. This is such a new gadget to me and I had no idea how to work it, but I am to learn. I always wanted to speak to her from the moment I met her and I am going to make it happen if it's the last thing I do.

"You got to pick a station, man. I know there's a lot of choices." Y/n said below me.

I was focusing so hard. I zoned out a few times and I could tell that my optics were flickering on and off. I'm doing my best to make this communication process work.

"What are you trying to do?" Y/n asked.

Then without a warning, a complete stranger had come through the garage. He wasn't a stranger to Y/n, though. "Excuse me. I don't mean to barge in. But I--" I saw his face and he was terrified of me.

Oh no! I transformed into the yellow Volkswagen beetle as fast as I could. But I remembered back at the beach that I needed to transform at the right time. The human has already seen me! Scrap it!

I could hear Y/n trying to calm the human with the weird-looking black fuzzy stuff on his head. He was pretty nervous and I didn't blame him. She had to close the door and tell him that everything was fine. I could tell that he was having trouble breathing as well.

"Here's the deal. If you tell anybody on what you saw I have to run you over with my car." She said to him.

She's mouthy. I like it.

"Jeez..." He muttered.

"I'm Y/n. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. You just can't tell anyone what you saw, okay?" She said to the young male human. "You promise?"

"Yeah." The boy replied, still shaken up.

Y/n nodded. "Okay. Bumblebee, you can come out now."

If it is safe to come out, then it is safe to come out. So I came out of hiding and stood in the garage to look at both teenagers staring up at me.

"What?" The boy laughed in disbelief. "It's a--"

"He." Says Y/n.

"Wow."

I wave shyly at the boy. After that, I just listened to Y/n explain everything. I was pretty vulnerable at the time I met Y/n but she is the only friend I have right now. Every other human outside this garage is looking for me and possibly wants to destroy me. Now this new boy, who I am beginning to feel very jealous of... his name is Memo. I'm okay having him around Y/n, but I always liked it when it was just her and I. I don't know why I'm feeling jealous but I feel like it's the right thing to do on my part.

****

The next morning, I took Y/n and Memo out for a ride. This gave them the time to get to know each other. And this allowed me to see the world that they live in. The world they call home.

"He's been going up and down on that dial all day and I don't know why." Y/n said as I mess with the radio dial, getting to know its functions. When there was an awkward silence, Y/n decided to show off my cat-like reflexes. "Check out his reflexes!"

I felt her hands come off my wheel. That's when I took control of the car that I use as a disguise. Of course, Memo freaked. And being the teenagers they are, they are just doing the oddest stuff inside my interior. Y/n asked for Memo's shirt and they were suddenly standing on top of my seats. I didn't mind it too much. I mean there has to be some kind of fun on this planet and might as well get used to it.

Y/n opened up the ceiling roof and both kids were suddenly having the time of their lives while I was driving. They laughed together, screamed happily, and just were humans who desire life. I'm happy to see that she was having a great time today.