Chapter 15

I sat with her in the bath for about ten minutes, just listening to her breathing, watching her find peace in her rest, but thats when I noticed that her heart beat had slowed right down, to an unhealthy speed.

“Skai?” I asked her, shaking her lightly. “Skai, can you hear me?” I asked, rubbing her arm and pushing her wet hair from her face. But she didn’t move, she just lay there on top of me.

“Aw shit…” I breathed, sitting up and pulling her body sideways across mine, her legs hanging over the edge of the tub. I held her up with my right hand and pressed my left wrist to my mouth, biting down on it. I pulled it away and saw the bite mark and the blood now slowly pouring out of it.

“Come on girly.” I said, pressing my wrist to her mouth. “Drink up.” As soon as my blood got into her mouth, she seemed to come around, her mouth beginning to suck the blood from my wrist. Her eyes flashed open after about ten seconds and she used her hands to grip onto my wrist and pull it closer to her mouth.

I sat and watched as her wounds healed in front of me, her skin knitted back together and the bruises that were forming on her shoulders also melted away, leaving her perfect skin unblemished once again. I washed the dried blood from where her wounds used to be and then looked back to her contorted face, sucking at my wrist.

“Okay that’s enough Skai.” I chuckled, pulling my wrist away from her mouth, making her whimper slightly in response.

“W-Why am I drinking your blood…?” She asked as it dripped from her lips and into the already red bath water.

“Because you lost a lot of blood girly, you were just sort of dying in my arms.” I replied with a smile, wiping the blood from her mouth with my thumb.

“But… Why did… Why did I l-like it…?” She asked, thoroughly confused. “What am I?” She continued and I knew she was a bit disorientated.

“Well.” I said, wrapping my arms around her and standing up. “You’re a girl and you like pasta.” I said to her, copying her words from the other day in the restaurant. She smiled weakly in response, recognising the words.

“Seriously.” She whispered. “Am I a vampire?”

“No of course not.” I chuckled, stepping out of the bath and shifting her weight to my right arm so I could use my left to grab a towel. “Vampire blood always tastes good to humans, it’s part of how we catch our ‘pray’.” I explained and she raised her eyebrow.

“Right…”

“Don’t worry about it, come on, let’s get you dry and sorted out.” I said, wrapping her in the towel with my spare hand and then carrying her out of the bathroom.

“Rocky’s trying to kill me.” She said but she had a glazed look over her eyes. “He sent those ten men in the kitchen… Then he sent Jack…”

“Who’s Jack?” I asked as I pushed open my bedroom door.

“Jack Hills…” She whispered. “He was the greatest assassin on record… He’d never failed a mission… A-And now I know why…” She said as I laid her down on my bed.

“He was a vampire.” I said and she nodded slowly. “Well can I just say, you did an excellent job at killing him and you did it on your own. You should be proud girly.”

“P-Proud?” She asked in disbelief. “Jay… I’m a monster. I hacked him to pieces like a mass murderer, I need mental help…”

“Skai.” I said, getting some joggers and a tee shirt from my drawer. “You keep forgetting what you used to do before you even met us, this is no different from that-“