Insanity - Jay Mcguiness Fanfic

Prologue

“I’ve got the prize, get me outta’ here.” I said quietly, hearing a response through my earpiece. I sprinted through the dark museum like a ghost, not seen and not heard. Well, that was until I needed to get back out again. The huge glass pyramid of the Louvre smashed into thousands of pieces before my eyes and I saw someone dropping through the huge gap on a line. They touched the floor and I heard their familiar chuckle as I sprinted up to them.

“Hey Rocky.” I smiled, looking into his bright blue eyes, visible even in the darkness.

“Nice job, once again.” He said, hooking me onto the line. “Hold on Superwoman.” I wrapped my arms around him and smiled as we shot upwards, leaving a huge mess for someone else to clean up. We finally reached the top of the line and I swung my legs confidently into the matte black helicopter.

I took my backpack from my back and was just about to get the painting out when I saw a figure sat opposite me. I sat back up and raised an eyebrow at the man.

“Who are you?” I asked cautiously, taking my hands from my bag slowly. The man rubbed his stubble-ridden chin and looked over to Rocky who had just unhooked himself from the line and got into his seat, closing the door after himself.

“Oh right, sorry.” He laughed as the helicopter sped away from the crime scene. “Mr Jackson, I’d like you to meet Skai, the youngest con-artist you’ll ever come across for a long while.” I smiled arrogantly at my introduction, if always took my off-guard.

“Con-artist?” This ‘Mr Jackson’ asked. “I thought you said she was a thief?”

“Oh she’s that too.” Rocky laughed, pulling out his iPhone.

“And I’m also an assassin in case you ever need one of those.” I winked at him but he ran a hand through his greying hair, as if it was almost too much to take in.

“And how old are you again?” He asked, swallowing harshly.

“Twenty years old.” I smiled.

“And I’m supposed to trust you to get something of mine back for me?” He asked as if he couldn’t quite believe it himself.

“That’s my job Mr Jackson.”

“So let me get this straight.” I said as we climbed off of the jet, back in rainy London. “You want me to steal back a gold cross? That’s it?” I asked Rocky.

“Yes but it’s harder than you think-“

“How can it be hard?” I laughed. “It’s a necklace.” We walked past airport security without a second glance and then through the airport, full of busy people. As we walked through, I noticed nearly every female in the room looking at Rocky. I looked at him for a few seconds myself and smiled, I guess he was pretty good looking… And only twenty five…

I watched him wink at a girl our age before flicking his golden fringe out of his blue eyes. My God, he was seriously attractive… But I can’t mix business with pleasure, he was my partner in crime, not my boyfriend.

We finally got outside of the airport and I was happy to get out of all the staring.

“How was your trip Miss?” My chauffeur asked as he opened the door to a car I’d never seen before.

“Good thank you Howard, new car?”

“Yes, after the hit and run incident you got into just before you left, we had to get a new car.” He explained, closing the door after Rocky got in.

“So where’s the file for this operation then?” I asked him, turning to meet Rocky’s smiling face. Howard handed back a file from the front of the car and I took hold of it as we pulled away from the airport. I opened up the file and flicked through it quickly.

“So basically the guy we met in Paris, Mr Jackson, wants his silly little necklace back?” I asked.

“Yeah and he’s paying us £10,000 to do it, so quit complaining and get yourself organised.” Rocky laughed.

“I wasn’t complaining, I was simply stating how easy the job was.” I laughed.

“Yeah yeah…” He smiled at me. “Well it’s in L.A so prepare for major jet lag, you’re leaving in the morning.”

“Great…” I said, looking down into the file again. “The necklace was in Mr Jackson’s family for over 200 years before it was stolen during a war in the 1700’s and ever since then his family has been trying to get it back. How touching.” I said sarcastically.

I flicked further into the file until I got to the part where it told me who I needed to either take out/steal from/con.

“So who is this guy?” I asked, looking at the photo and then the details. “He looks a bit cocky for his age… He’s twenty two, what has he achieved in life that’s so great?” I laughed, feeling slightly cocky myself.

“Well if you read further into the file Skai-“

“James…” I said, reading the rest of his information. “He’s working in L.A because he’s… Recording? So what, he’s in a band?” I asked, still reading.

“His name is James McGuiness… And he’s in a British band called The Wanted.” Rocky confirmed.