Chapter 10

I didn’t run or get chased from the villa, I simply walked but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t fearing my life like a fish on a line.

“SKAI! PLEASE!” I heard Jay shout but I didn’t turn and look at him, I just kept walking. “Skai you have to give me a chance!” 

“No I really don’t.” I hissed, still not looking back but as I blinked he appeared in front of me.

“Yes you do. Please just hear me out-“

“Answer this question.” I interrupted. “How am I alive? I lost so much blood last night, it’s not actually possible for me to be alive right now, just as it’s not possible for vampires to exist.” 

“You’re alive because I gave you some of my blood.” He replied and I raised an eyebrow, not believing it for a second.

“Yeah, just like I’m a pixie, right?” I asked sarcastically, pushing past him.

“I’m telling the truth!” He said, appearing in front of me again.

“STOP DOING THAT!” I screamed, turning around and closing my eyes, just willing myself to get out of the hell hole. I opened my eyes after taking in a few breaths and Jay was stood in front of me again.

“I can’t let you go until you promise us that you’ll keep this a secret, if people found out… Well, that would be it for us.” He explained.

“Fine, I promise, please just stay away from me.” I said, dismissing him but he grabbed onto my hand and I flinched at his touch. “Please.” I whispered, already scared.

“A-Are you scared of me…?” He said quietly as if he didn’t believe it.

“… I… Yes…” I whispered. “Of course I am… You tortured me last night Jay… I-I nearly died.” I felt tears stinging my eyes but I blinked them back. How had I become so fucking weak?!

“I’m so, so sorry Skai, I didn’t mean-“

“You didn’t mean what?!” I snapped, turning back to face him to see the other four guys walking out of the house towards us.

“I didn’t mean-“

“You didn’t mean to SHOVE a knife into my thigh?! YOU DIDN’T MEAN TO SLIT MY FACE WITH A MEAT KNIFE?!” I screamed the last part and he looked down at the ground in guilt.

“Skai…” He whispered. “I-I care about you, I do it’s just-“

“If you cared about me, you wouldn’t have put me through that pain.” I whispered back just as the other guys met us.

“Girly, you need to understand that we’re not human.” Tom said. “We have these urges, the feelings that we can’t control. Blood lust, anger and worst of all, the constant urge to kill. It’s who we are.”

“Kill?! THAT’S NOT NATURAL!” I shouted and Nathan raised an eyebrow.

“Hang on a second, we kill to eat, you kill as a job. I think we can call it even.” He said and I realised he was right.

“Not anymore I don’t.” I said and they all looked guilty.

“Please just give me a chance to show you that I care Skai. There’s something about you that… I don’t know, you just… You’re different from other girls-“

“I was acting Jay, that’s my job.” I interrupted, trying to push him away. I had to get away from these monsters, I couldn’t be around them in case they hurt me again.

“No Skai, there were times when I knew you were acting and there were times when you were just yourself, no stealing or con-jobs, just you Skai.” He said as if he’d known me for years.