Chapter 7 {Blood-Tainted Material}

*****************************

hey guys. sorry for the wait. he didn't die tho. just lettin u know that. ill be uploading heaps cause its hols and i hav net wenever i want it yay!!!

*****************************

Chapter 7

Blood-Tainted Material

I raced outside, while I saw Ellie race to the phone. I could see her talking hurriedly into the mouthpiece. The priest had a confused look on his face, while Ellie and me were racing around frantically. I raced inside and frantically ransacked the kitchen looking for the first aid kit. I found it eventually and raced back outside. I sprinted as fast as I could to Daniel. I put him on his back and ripped his shirt open. I grabbed a bandage and pressed it against his chest. In any other circumstances, I would have admired his abs and the way his body was so tanned compared to every single person in this hellhole I live in, but at that moment, I was more worried about the fact that I could be organising another funeral. The thought made my eyes sting with tears, but I blinked them back and kept my hand pressed against his wound.

After a century, or what felt like it, I heard the ambulance arrive at the front and I saw them racing through the house and out the back. They lifted Daniel onto the stretcher and pushed it outside.

I walked out the front of the house with them and jumped into the ambulance. The whole town had appeared to see what had happened. I could see many of my peers, the girls, were on the verge of tears.

I stared at them in disbelief. They had barely met him and were crying over him because of his wound bleeding. I could understand I was sad, but-wait what was I saying. He was nice and all, but he had been in the car that had killed my parents and godparents. I couldn't be infatuated with him, unlike all of my generic peers. I was different. I hung out with the guys and was considered weird by majority of my peers. That didn't stop me from b being loved, but I think that after Daniel had come to town and was staying with me, all of the girls felt envious of me. I suppose so did the guys as I had basically brought the guy that stole the attention of their girlfriends.

As the doors of the ambulance closed I could see all of the worried and envious faces of my peers. And the especially envious face of Melanie. I smirked as the doors shut and nearly laughed. I didn't know why she was so envious of me. It wasn't like I had done anything. It was my parents who had made him come here, not me.

I looked down at Daniel's unconscious corpse and it wiped the smirk off my face.  His shirt was ripped open and I could see his wound. It was deep and looked as though it went down to the bone. I nearly let a tear slip when I heard a yawn. I looked up at his face and saw him start to stir. I quickly wiped the tear away and found his hand. I squeezed it as the paramedics dosed him with some aesthetic.  I could see him quickly fall back into a deep slumber. After a short journey across the small town we made it to the hospital. The paramedics wheeled him out of the ambulance and into the hospital.  He was taken into an operation room. I was told by one of the nurses to wait in the waiting room. I guess I'm impatient. Whenever I'm nervous or edgy about something, I pace. Once again I found myself pacing. After a few minutes, The Henderson's rushed through the doors of the hospital with Emily. I raced to Ellie and hugged her. I saw all of these cars start to pull up in the car park. I couldn't believe that all of the girls had come. I saw the nurse look at the number of cars that started pulling in. She started glowing with anger and marched out of the hospital past our group that was gathering in the middle of the doorway. She walked out and I looked past the family and saw her start yelling at the girls. The number of cars that had just pulled in, suddenly left.

I let out a small chuckle to myself. We found a group of empty seats and sat down. After waiting for half an hour, a doctor came out of the room that Daniel had gone into. He found us and came over to us.