Chapter 6 {The Twist of Fate}

**********************************  

hey guys. Ok I know this is short. And I know I said u might get three uploads last night, but the internet timed out just as I clicked ok. I was so annoyed lol.

Yeah so here is chapter 6. comment and vote??

Ooh and guess wat!!!

I didn't come last in my single... I came second last... but I beat last by heaps... I was so happy

Anywho

tragicallyloved xoxo :D  

**********************************

Chapter 6

The Twist of Fate

The car screamed to a halt. I was thrown forward and then pushed back against my seatbelt. I looked closely at the cylinder and saw a black thing taped to it. I jumped out of the car and raced around to the gas cylinder I ran as fast as I could. I sprinted into the abandoned factory that it had rolled out of.  I was puzzled as to why a gas cylinder would be rolling out of the abandoned... Gas factory. I ran in the completely opposite direction and ran into the small hardware store. I raced up to the employee, a gangly looking kid from my school who had the biggest crush on me. Some people, like Ellie, thought it was sweet. I thought it was disgusting.

"Oi! You! I need a pair of wire clippers. NOW!" I screamed at him.

He raced around the counter and got a pair of wire cutters. I ripped the packaging open and dropped it on the floor. I gathered all the wires in my hand and cut them all at once. The bomb stopped ticking and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I looked around and saw the kid, Eric, looking at me in awe. I told him, "It was either that or we get blown up."

He nodded his head like he understood exactly what I meant. I picked up the rubbish from the wire clippers and handed it and the clippers over to Eric. I walked out of the hardware store and across the road. Ellie had parked the car outside of the factory and I rolled the cylinder into the factory. I locked the door from the inside then pulled the door shut.

Ellie looked at me as if to say 'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?!' I shrugged it off, not being bothered to explain it to her.

We stopped at the public school and picked Emily and Lucas up. Emily looked happy. I hadn't received any calls from Julie, so I hoped nothing had happened.

We drove back to Ellie's place and I walked through the house and out to the backyard. I found the swing I had been looking for. It was hanging between two old trees that formed a canopy. I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest.

I looked next to me; certain it wasn't a dream. I knew I hadn't fallen asleep. But I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that there was something wrong. I looked next to me, and jumped at the site of James sitting there, his arm resting on the back of the swing. I looked on my other side and saw my dad.

"Were you two responsible for what happened this afternoon?" I asked, buzzing with curiosity.

I was suddenly aware of a chilling feeling creeping its way up my back. I looked at my dad. The sombre look on his face proved that I was right. They were responsible for that, whether they wanted to be or not.

"We-" James started.

Daniel was shaking me. I was lying on the ground looking up at the canopy and Daniel's face. He had a look of pure concern on his face. I tried to push myself up, but he wouldn't let me get up by myself. He held out his hand for me to help me get up. I sat back down on the swing, hugging my legs to my chest. Daniel sat on the swing and looked at me.

"I saw you out here from the family room. You looked as though you were talking to yourself, then you fell off the seat. I raced out here and you were asleep." He said. I tried to avoid his gaze that was intent on meeting my eyes.

I shied my head away from him. He leaned forward and looked at me. "It's Ok. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I nodded. I didn't want to tell him that I was hallucinating. It was bad enough that I was having dreams about ghosts that said they were haunting me.

"When are you going back?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm on holidays. So I'm not sure. I might spend my holidays out here. I'm not sure." He said looking at the ground.

We sat in a comfortable silence. I looked at him as though I was going to say something. I realised that I didn't have anything to say and looked back down at my feet, still hugging my legs. Daniel was staring at the house.

After a while of sitting there in silence, Daniel broke the silence, "I think Ellie wants you inside."

I looked up to the family room. Ellie was standing there waving at me. She held up a piece of paper, which she had written on. I laughed. She was a funny one that Ellie.

I stood up and went to walk one way. Daniel had stood up and was walking the opposite way I was. I was looking down at the ground. We collided and he looked straight into my eyes. He held onto my shoulders to steady me. I wriggled out of his grasp and walked towards the house. Just as I was about to walk into the house, I looked back at Daniel. He was still standing where he had when I had walked away from him. He looked slightly sad and pained. I walked inside and saw the priest sitting in the kitchen.

I walked over to him and shook his hand. I knew he was here to make the funeral arrangements. Ellie was standing in the hall. She looked towards the family room and I saw her eyes open in shock. I walked over to her. I followed her gaze.

Daniel was doubled over, holding onto his chest, where he had shown me his gash. I could see blood staining his shirt.