Chapter 14 {Surprise?}

hey guys. ok so here it is.

 as promised. next chapter.

next upload: next saturday

comment, vote, promote

***************************************************************************

Chapter 14

Surprise?

I hadn’t heard Ellie talking to anyone at the front door, I guess she was shocked.

We sent Emily and Lucas to play in the yard while the three of us talked.

“What are you doing here Dylan?” I asked. Ellie was still in shock.

I hoped she could hear, just not form coherent sentences.

“I came to talk to Elle. I miss her. I was stupid. I didn’t mean to hurt her. I-I love her.” Dylan said. He was more of a romantic than I was, and I am the biggest romantic at heart ever.

“Then why did you do it? And if that’s permanent, I blame you. I just got her out of it.” I joked.

He made a half-hearted laugh at my attempt at a joke before continuing, “I don’t know. Melanie was there and I had definitely had something to drink. I don’t remember much but a blur before you three came in.”

“So what you’re saying is that you think your drink was spiked?” I said. I could be a lawyer. I was good at getting the answer I wanted.

“Uh yeah basically.” He said.

“Elle. You hear that.” I said softly shaking her then shouted, “ELLIE!”

She snapped out of it. She smiled at me and mouthed ‘Thanks’

I whispered back, “No problem.”

“Did you really mean everything you said?” Ellie said to Dylan.

I made my way to leave the room and nearly ran into Dan.

“Yes.” Was all I heard from Dylan before I lost all my senses.

Dan had smacked his lips against mine. I melted at his touch. My arms wrapped their way around his neck and I stood on my tip-toes to be closer to his height. We pulled apart gasping for air. Our arms were still around each other and he was looking down at me.

“I need to ring Mrs Althry, explain I can’t come in today.” I whispered still trying to regain a normal breathing pattern.

I picked up the phone in the kitchen and heard Dan ask, “What’s going on in there?”

I dialled the art school number and rang the number, “Dylan and Ellie. Back together by the sounds of it. Just go in and remind them that its glass and Emily and Lucas are outside, will you?” I said with some optimism

He looked at me as if to say why, but went in I heard him cough and then tell them about the glass then quickly made his way out of the room. I stifled a laugh as I heard a voice on the phone.

“Hello Gundy Art College. Janine Althry speaking. How can I help you?” Mrs Althry said.

“Hi Mrs Althry. It’s Millie. I’m sorry but I can’t come in at 5pm. I’ll be able to come in. I just can’t make it in this afternoon. I’m sorry.” I rambled on.

Mrs Althry cut me off, “I understand Millie. It’s a difficult time for you. See you tomorrow. Bye.

“Bye. See you tomorrow.” The phone started beeping before I hung up.