Problems

"You know Jackie, Nathan really loves you." His mom said walking into the bedroom. Nathan was still fast asleep, it was only seven in the morning. I couldn't sleep due to the twins moving around frantically. "I've never seen him be crazy about someone the way he's crazy about you." She sat down on the bed next to me, putting her hand on my stomach. "Crazy in a good way of course." She smiled.

"I'm due so soon, it's crazy. It feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant." I lifted up my shirt to expose of my ever growing baby bump. "I'm huge!" I laughed.

"That's a good thing though! Means the babies are healthy."

"Today's the last check up I have with my doctor." I bit my lip. "I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be," she grabbed my hand "not that I blame you for being nervous, I'm excited personally."

"I'm excited, but nervous at the same time." I shrugged. "My appointment's at ten-thirty. I should get up and eat." I started to left myself up off the bed.

"Nope, you stay in bed, i'll make breakfast for you and Nate." She patted my shoulder. "He told me you can't do eggs anymore, I'll just make bacon and pancakes."

"Aw, thank you so much!" She hugged me.

"Is Nate going with you today?"

"I believe so, he always comes."

"Mind if I tag along?"

"Not at all!" I smiled brightly.

***

Later on, after breakfast, a shower, and two cups of tea I was finally dressed and ready to go. I took one last look at myself in the mirror, all I could think was that soon, within two weeks, I'd be an actual mother. It was an unbelievable feeling, something unimaginable, and quite crazy. I thought back to my childhood, always wanting a baby and a house of my own. It wasn't exactly what I dreamt it to be, but it was pretty damn close.

I slipped on my black ballet flats and walked out into the living room.

"You ready?" Nathan asked, the car keys in his hand. I just nodded yes. His parents followed us out of the front door.

When we arrived at the doctors office, there was no one in the waiting room. Deep down I relieved, I didn't feel like waiting. The nurse waved me right in and walked me too the back room. She took my weight and measured the diameter of my stomach.

"You're getting big, and one of the twins kicked me, no sure if he or she likes me" she joked. I giggled, my face a little red, not out of embarrassment, but I was just flustered with emotions. Dr. Fitzgerald walked in, a smile on his face.

"Well hey there young lady!" I layed back on the table. "Your last sonogram, you excited?" I nodded. "Me too" he smiled. He looked up at the screen, the smile slowly faded. He took a deep breath, my heart sank. "Good news first, they're healthy" I felt slightly better. "But see Dalton-" he pointed to the screen. "He's upside down, his head should be pointed down towards the vaginal canal, like Diana's is. But hopefully within the next week he'll turn over, that happens a lot. You're due date is soon, I look forward to delivering these two beauty's right in time." He smiled again.

*** (four days later.) ***

I was up at three in the morning making a cup of tea. I couldn't sleep, and the twins wouldn't stop moving. I didn't feel right, aside the normal back pain and swollen ankles. I say down on the couch, after about five minutes I felt a warm sensation running down my legs, it felt relieving oddly enough. I knew it wasn't pee, I looked down, my water broke. I tried not to panic, it took my a minute to get up. I waddled my way to my room. I put on my slippers and my sweater, throwing something at Nathan to wake him up.

"What's wrong with you?! It's almost four in the morning!"

"My water broke asshole! Get the car keys!" An excruciating pain ran through me, a contraction. It felt like a train hit me head on at top speed. It lasted for almost a minute, but it felt like more.

We all made our way down the stairs, Nathan and his father helped me walk, and his mom opened the car door for me.

"I already called the doctor, he's going to meet us at General Hospital." His mother put a warm facecloth over my forehead. Her and I were in the back seat, the two men up front.

Nathan sped past all the cars, getting me to the hospital in almost twenty five minutes.

Thankfully, the doctors were on stand by, already waiting for me. We pulled up to them, and they put me on a stretcher, racing me into the hospital.

"Is something wrong? Why are we running?" I panicked.

"We need to make sure Dalton is turned around! If he's not were bring you in for a C-section!" My heart pounded, if I get a c-section, I'll be a mother within the next hour, the thought scared me.

They did another sonogram, the nurse shook her head no. I look over at the screen, his feet were still at Diana'a head. A tear fell from my eye. The took my blood pressure as the raced me to the next room. They numbed me, and called Nathan in. He was wearing blue scrubs. They put up a sheet to block my view of them cutting me open. I felt pressure on my stomach, then a feeling of the pressure being lost, I honestly can't describe the feeling in words. I heard the sound of a baby crying.

"It's a girl!" The male nurse called out. All I could hear was Diana cry, and it warmed my heart, I started crying too. They took Dalton out.

"It's a boy!" But I heard no crying.

"Why isn't he crying? Nathan! Why isn't out son crying!" I yelled. He looked over, I could see it in his eyes something was wrong.

"The cord is wrapped around his neck." He mumbled. I started to cry again, my heart felt like it was about to break. The male nurse handed Nathan Diana, she was wrapped in a light green blanket, with a matching hat. She look like me, but had his nose and eyes. She was beyond beautiful. Nathan's face lit up as he held her. His eyes glowed, and I could see a tear roll down his check. I smiled a little, but was still worried.

Suddenly I head a faint noise coming from the other side of the room, sounding like a babies cough, followed by the loudest cry I've ever heard. It was my son, it was the best thing I heard all day.

( sorry it was such a long wait !! But there's only one more chapter left to wrap everything up. )