Finding out

The Olympics games have just finished, and I’m so glad I have Michael to myself now! I haven’t seen to much of him the the past 17 days. All I wanted was alone time with him. We were both in London for the games, and I was helping him pack for the long plane ride home.

“It bums me out we won’t be on the same plane” he says to me, looking me deep in my eyes. “But I’ll get to have you all to myself when we get home! I can’t wait!”

I stand slightly on my tip-toes to kiss his lips. I’m tall for a girl, but his 6’ 5” towers over my 5’ 8”.

“You know Jackie, you don’t have to pack my things for me, I am a grown man!” he laughs, revealing his cute smile.

“After everything you just did, the least I can do Is pack my boyfriends clothes!”

After all, he did beat the world record for most Olympic medals won!

” I just want you to lay down and get some sleep! You have to be out of here by 9 a.m tomorrow! It’s already 8:30 at night!”

“you sound like my mom Jackie” he says laying his long body down on the hotel bed.

“Well its because I care about you!”

I glanced up from his suitcase to see his glare.

“What?” I said softly.

He made a motion with his finger, telling me to come here. I zipped up the luggage and slowly walked over. He patted the bed, telling me to lay down with him.

“Stay with me tonight, you have all your stuff packed and in your rental, you don’t need to go back to your hotel” he put his hand on my face, grazing my jawline.

“I won’t see you for like 26 hours if you leave tonight, I can’t wait that long!” he kissed my nose “Please Jackie? For me?”

I rolled my eyes, a large smile on my face.

“ugh, fineeeeee!” I laughed. Kissing him in between my smile. “I can’t wait to go home to OUR bed” he said, emphasizing “our”. I ran my nails against his muscular back with one hand, my other hand laying on his chest.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I promise. It’s nothing, trust me” I spoke so soft I’m surprised he heard me.

“As much as I trust you, I can tell something is wrong.” he put his face up to mine, looking me in the eyes.

“It’s just, um, I don’t know how to say it.” I paused, gathering my thoughts. ” Well, I forgot to pack my birth control when we came to London. And, well, um, I didn’t, you know, get my period.” he just stared, a blank expression on his face. “But I’m always late, I’m just concerned. I’m not ready to have-” my voice cracked “A baby.”

Though I’ve always wanted a child, I wasn’t quite ready. And I wasn’t even sure Michael wanted a child.

“Well if you are, you know, pregnant, I wanna be the best father I can” his word melted my heart, drawing a tear from my dark eyes.

“You’d want to have a baby?” I questioned “with me?” he smiled, and chuckled as if I asked a stupid question I knew the answer to.

“Of course I would. Why wouldn’t I?”

“I don’t know, we’re both still young and-” he cut me off.

“We’re only as young as we feel, I’m 27, your 25. But your mature, and I’m only gonna be in my twenties for 2 more years, if I’m gonna have kids, I’d want them now. I don’t know about you, but I want a family.”