t w e n t y f i v e

Twenty-five minutes were all that passed compared to the ninety minutes it would have taken to fly from Hogwarts to London. Alexandra would have definitely had a more exciting time traveling if she could see her transportation. It was funny, though, seeing all her friends floating in the sky.

When the lot arrived at the Ministry, they wasted no time to get to the Department of Mysteries. Once they arrived there, they were met with twelve identical black doors.

"Do you see that?" Alexandra asked, pointing to one door that seemed to be glowing.

"What about it? It looks like all the rest," Ron said, not noticing anything that made that door different from the others. Slowly, Alexandra walked towards the door. She tried to unlock it, with alohamora, but it wouldn't budge. Suddenly, she found herself reaching for the knob herself. As her hand contacted the metal, she felt the same burning sensation she would feel when she touched Tom. Back in his time, Tom felt the same sensation. Rather than only one part of the body burning, the feeling took them over completely.

Alexandra's head fell back as she fell into a trance, images rushing through her head.

"Now, all we have to do is pretend," Tom smiled.

"Isn't that what we were doing before?"

"Love is weakness," Tom said to himself, scribbling in his diary. He angrily slammed his quill down onto his desk, rummaging in his desk for the time turner before he used it to visit her the first time. The image zoomed in on the diary which read:

'I fear the effects of the love potion have not worn off despite hours passing. It seems to be making me sick. I crave her presence. This cannot go on any further. Love is weakness.'

Suddenly, Tom grew older and the scene became darker as Voldemort stood turned away from her vision. "Don't hurt the River girl."

The scene changed to Dumbledore's office, and Draco stood across from the headmaster.

"I understand your concern, Mr. Malfoy-"

"She just left your office wearing Slytherin robes and looking like she'd seen a ghost," Draco continued. He looked down at the floor and noticed the time turner sitting a few feet away. He picked it up, looking between the necklace and the old man. It didn't take long for Draco to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. "You sent her back in time, didn't you? What did you suppose that would accomplish?"

"I'm sorry to have to do this," Dumbledore frowned, non-verbally casting the forgetfulness charm at Draco. "Thank you for returning this. I always seem to misplace it," Dumbledore smiled, taking the necklace out of Draco's hand.

"You're welcome, headmaster," Draco muttered, not remembering how he found the turner or got to Dumbledore's office at all. Slowly, he exited the room as Dumbledore threw the time turner into the fire behind him.

"Love is a dangerous thing. It is the most powerful force ever to exist in the universe. This, in turn, makes it the most mysterious subject we have yet to fully understand." The image changed one final time to Dumbledore speaking to McGonagall in his office years earlier. "There is only one with the true power to manipulate love further than any potion or spell could. One who could turn even the blackest of hearts if fate allows."

"How?" McGonagall asked.

"With her touch."

"Alexandra?" Hermione called, breaking her friend from the trance. "Blimey, what happened?"

"I saw-" she started, hesitating. She was thankful when Harry interrupted her.

"In here!" Harry called. The seven of them walked through a small door into what looked like a never-ending room. The room of prophecies Alexandra and Tom visited frequently looked like a broom closet compared to what was in front of them.