o n e

One night was all it took for Tom to become more and more curious about this girl. She was neither in love with him nor afraid of him at first sight, and that was strange to Tom. He had even attempted legilimency on her the following morning, but it never worked. Tom felt like he had no control over her, and he had control over everybody. This one girl already made him feel less powerful.

The perfect opportunity to question her came to him when he was on his prefect duties and spotted her wandering the corridors after hours. He smirked, dropping his proud expression the moment she saw him.

"What do you think you're doing out this late, Miss River?" He asked darkly. She didn't turn to acknowledge him, but she still spoke.

"I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk," she responded. She may have only been gone for a few moments at home, but she had been stuck here for days now. Suddenly, she remembered why she was there in the first place.

"Look at me when you speak to me," he glared. Alexandra turned around and crossed her arms. "It's respectful."

"I don't respect you," Alexandra stated dryly. Tom's blood boiled and Alexandra noticed. Sure, she was afraid, but she knew better than to show him that. She knew what she was doing, and she was surprised it was actually working. He hadn't harmed her yet.

"And why is that?" He asked, moving closer to her. She stayed standing in one place, refusing to back away.

"Because I do not know you. How can I respect someone I know nothing about?"

"Because one day I'm going to be the most powerful wizard in the world, and you will learn to respect me, or you will face the consequences."

"I'm supposed to believe that?" She continued interrogating him. It was then that he grabbed her neck and shoved her against the brick wall behind her. As soon as his hand touched her, it felt like he had been touching fire, causing him to let her go. Alexandra brought her hand to her neck, having felt the same sensation.

That was the moment Dumbledore was hoping would happen. He knew Alexandra would be the girl to fill the prophecy. The girl that broke Tom Riddle. The girl Tom would fall in love with, despite his background. The girl who would save the Wizarding World with just her touch.