s e v e n

"Tom!" Alexandra's voice rang throughout the empty common room. Tom rolled his eyes as he made his way down to her.

"I told you not to call me Tom. The name is a disgrace," he spit. Alexandra huffed, turning the book towards him that was previously laying in front of her. Tom noticed the rather evident purple bags hanging under her eyes and her slightly disheveled hair falling in the opposite direction than it normally did. "Have you slept?"

"I want this assignment to be over just as much as you do," she yawned, leaning back on the couch. He picked up the book and sat on the couch next to her.

Although extremely rare, studies have proven that two children conceived under a love potion may find love in each other. A strong connection is formed immediately upon meeting, and can be determined by a burning feeling when the two touch.

"Dumbledore thinks we're to fall in love. That's why he has us doing this bloody assignment," Tom scoffed, looking at Alexandra. She had fallen asleep, her head resting on the arm of the couch as her legs curled up so she fit perfectly on the cushion. Her white blonde hair fell over her face, mixing well with the green and silver of her robes. He noticed her cheeks shined a light pink color as she shivered, so he ignited the fire in front of them with a flick of his wand. Her constant sniffling drove him mad as he tried to read, so he draped his robes on top of her in hopes they would finally warm her up. Thankfully, they did.

"The effects are extraordinary," Potions Professor Frances from Durmstrang stated in a recent interview. "Such a strong connection between two people can cause them to accomplish astonishing things together. They could rule the wizarding world if they so choose."

"Rule the wizarding world?" Tom asked himself, suddenly intrigued. He looked at the sleeping girl once more. He had just what he needed to make his dreams become a reality. His plans changed drastically as he decided he must keep her alive rather than kill her if he wanted to succeed. "Alexandra River. If only you knew what your new future held. Together we will be the most powerful wizards in the world."

Alexandra shivered once more, but not because she was cold. She had awakened not too long ago, and heard Tom reading aloud from the textbook. Dumbledore's plan wasn't working. She was supposed to stop Tom's evil doings, not be a part of them.

"I won't do this any longer. I want to return home, Professor," Alexandra cried to Dumbledore the next morning when he had finally returned from holiday. "Nothing has been accomplished. It's only gotten worse."

"The solution is more simple than you think it is, Miss River," he smiled.

"Enough with your riddles! I want to go home!"

"You must accomplish this task on your own, I'm afraid, or it won't work. If you have not figured it out by the new year, then I will grant your wishes and send you home," Dumbledore explained. Alexandra huffed, knowing that was the best deal she was going to get. She ran to the library, taking out every single book ever written about love potions. She was going to get to the bottom of this, and she was going to do it now.