Chapter 4

I was in the basement listening to the misfits when Mikey and Frank walked down.

"Out, we're using the basement," he said.

"No, I'm here," I said as I drew.

Mikey groaned and went upstairs to no doubt complain to my mom.

"What's this racket?" Frank asked.

"The misfits," I said.

"They're kinda shit," he said, turning off the music.

Frank came over and looked at my drawing. I looked up, locking eyes with him. His beautiful green eyes. I wanted nothing more than to just kiss him and hold him. Frank didn't break his gaze with me.

"What?" He asked. "You wanna suck my dick or something."

I didn't say anything and he burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, dude, I was kidding," he said. "Wow, you really do. You're fucking gay, aren't you? A little fag?"

"I am gay, yes," I said, clearing my throat.

"What about your girlfriend, that little upbeat, annoying one," he said.

"I broke things off with her," I said.

"Good for you, man, she's obnoxious," he said.

I smiled softly.

"Just for the record, I'm not your friend and if you touch me I will literally break you fucking hand," he said. "But no man needs to be tied down to obnoxious bitches."

"What about all the 'bitches' you date?" I asked.

"Let me make one thing clear, I don't date," he said. "I have buddies and hook ups, no way am I gonna tie myself down to some girl."

"What about some guy?" I asked.

"I would rather cut off my own penis," he said.

"It's twenty-nineteen, homophobia is a thing of the past," I said. "Just admit your feelings already, everyone knows you're gay."

Frank wrapped a hand around my throat, choking me.

"I am not gay and never will be," he spat. "I'm not some fucking fag like you."

I gasped, grabbing his wrist to try and push him away. He got close, his breath fanning over my face.

"I will never be the piece of shit that you are," he said.

"What is this? Some gay kink thing?" Mikey asked.

Frank let go of me and I gasped for air. He shoved Mikey, his face practically turning red.

"Fuck you, I'm not gay," he said.

"Dude, chill out, it's a fucking joke," Mikey said.

Frank stormed upstairs, slamming the basement door.

"Nice job, freak," Mikey said.

"I didn't do shit, you're the one who made the gay joke," I said.

"Well, you clearly upset him first," Mikey said. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, it doesn't matter," I said.

How was I supposed to win Frank over when he was this homophobic?

"Is that a comic?" He asked. "Wow, you really have gotten lamer."

I shook my head, turning away. I packed up my art stuff and went upstairs. Someone grabbed me and shoved me up against the wall. Next thing I know there were lips against mine, familiar lips. Frank. I kissed back, holding him tight.