Chapter 1

okay posting chapter one now because prologue is so short

~~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, looking around. I was sleeping in the guest room for some reason. The beige walls were all too ordinary compared to my normal dark basement bedroom.

The whole car must've been a dream. I was safe in my house, nothing happened to me.

"Gerard! Breakfast!" My mom called.

The first thing I noticed was that I was sleeping naked for some reason. I never do that. I always love my pajamas. The second thing was that I was sober. I got up and went to my closet but instead of finding my normal baggy clothes, there were skinny jeans and knitted sweaters. Pastel, knitted sweaters.

I got dressed into the uncomfortable clothes and went downstairs. My mom was there with an apron on and a big breakfast spread out on the table. Her hair was in curlers and makeup was done nice.

"You don't cook," I said.

"Of course I do, hon," she said. "Michael!"

I snorted at the use of his full name. But when he came down I was even more shocked. His hair was dyed blond and in a quiff.

"When did you do that?" I asked as we sat down at the table. "Where's dad?"

"Gerard!" My mom snapped.

"What?" I asked. "It's just a question, where is he?"

"You know, I just don't see why you have to ruin everything," she said before storming out of the kitchen.

"What?" I asked.

"Dude, Seriously?" Mikey asked.

"Mikey, I'm seriously so confused right now," I said.

"My name is Michael," he corrected. "And do you have a concussion or something. You know dad had an affair and left us last year."

"No?" I questioned in confusion. "They're married. They're like soulmates, it's gross."

"You really do ruin everything," he said.

"Where's your glasses?" I asked.

"I don't wear glasses, dumbass," he said. "Come on, we're gonna be late for school."

We drove to the school and I frowned, looking around. I finally found Frank. He looked a little different, too. His hair had a buzz cut. It's not the first time he's done it but he doesn't usually do it often.

"Frankie!" I gasped.

I ran over and gave him a hug, clutching tight.

"Oh my god, I am so weirded out right now," I said. "The strangest things are happening right now. I think everyone's trying to prank me or something."

"What the fuck are you doing on me, loser?" Frank asked, shoving me to the ground.

I looked up at him, my eyes watering.

"Frankie—"

"Don't call me that, you weirdo," he said.

I noticed the varsity jacket he was wearing. He was a lacrosse player it said. I just stared, wondering where his piercings and tattoos went. Frank grabbed me by the collar of the sweater I was wearing.

"Listen, freak, if you touch me again I can make your life miserable," he spat before shoving me back.

Frank walked off, wrapping his arm around some girl's waist. That part was odd. Now, I know I'm gay. Frank always said he was gay.