Childhood Memories

"Knock knock." Ola knocked on the door of her new babysitter Julie Ayala's house."yeah?" A little girl with long light brown hair answered the door. The little 10 year old boy,Slash, stood by his mother Ola "hey is Julie here?" Ola smiled widely but Slash was acting shy, the little girl kept staring at him "are you Ola?" She asked "Yes, I am" Ola smirked "oh, is that Saul?" The little girl tilted her head "yes. But we call Saul, Slash. Slash tell-" Ola paused "what is your name?" Ola asked "Anastasia" she stated "Slash say hi to Anastasia." Ola looked down at Slash & so did Anastasia "hi Slash" Anastasia smiled "hi, Asia." Saul said mumbled quickly "Ana!" Her mother called "mom, the kid Saul is here!" Anastasia said "oh, hello, Ola. This must be Saul." Julie smiled "yes but we call him slash & I'm kinda in a hurry." Ola stated "oh yeah, I bet. See ya soon!" Julie waved goodbye & Slash hugged his mom goodbye. "are you hungry?" Julie asked & Slash shook his head "okay, well tell me if you do get hungry." Julie told Slash. "Let me show you around." Julie started to walk down the hallway, Anastasia watched them they the corner of her eye but focused back in the television. "This is the bathroom...my room... this is Anastasia ......this is our other bathroom.... " Julie went on & on telling Slash all the basic things.

"Wanna play?" Anastasia asked Slash, who sat on the couch "what?" Slash asked "We could ride bikes!" Anastasia suggested "I don't know how to ride one." Slash groaned "I'll teach you!"

Slash quickly learned, it became a hobby of his. Slash taught Anastasia how to draw better, it became a hobby of hers. They both taught each other things & both learned from one another, they both improve & help grow each other. Slash spent almost everyday at the Ayala's house & when he wasn't there, Anastasia would be at the Hudson's house. They were always together, very inseparable. Almost as if they were each other's missing half.

They would hang out together & listen to music while riding bikes or drawing. Anastasia really loved Bob Marley & Slash really loved Aerosmith. They were always together doing the same thing all day everyday, it's what they enjoyed.

5th grade started, Saul & Anastasia went to different schools. Both were mad at their parents over that. Slash's parents, Ola & Anthony, became close friends with Anastasia's mom, Julie. Everyone usually shortened Anastasia's name to Ana, except Slash who called her, Asia & Anastasia called slash Saulie. Almost everyday after school they'd hang out at one another's house. They spent so much time together it was like they needed each other.

5th grade passed by so fast, then in junior high they were still close, especially because they went to the same school this time. In 8th grade, they were still together, Asia was 13 & Slash was 14. All other students said they were 'dating' but that embarrassed slash because as he grew into a young man he realized his deep feelings for Anastasia. Their friendship took a big fall when Anastasia broke the new about her new boyfriend to her bestfriend. "So Saulie.." Anastasia said in a high pitch voice as they walked home "why do you like calling me that?" Slash laughed at her behavior "the same reason you call me Asia!" She remarked "so that's my nickname?" He asked "well duh but listen, you're my bestest best friend in the whole wide world & I love you so much, so because of that I should tell you that Danny & I are dating." she admitted with a big smile, Slash stared at the ground not knowing how to react because his feelings just got crushed, he fell into a daze of everything he imagined with Anastasia then it quickly disappeared "slash?" Anastasia called "huh?" He came back then realized that he shouldn't show he was hurt instead to smile & wish her luck "oh yeah, that good, I happy for you, Asia. But what made you wanna do that, you know be with him?" Slash asked her as they begun walking "well, he is that bad boy you know, it's cool." She giggled like a little girl "bad-boy, really?" He laughed "yeah"

Slash not only hated that he wasn't dating her but hated how much she had changed. Her grades dropped, she acts different, she never talks to her girl friends & only once in awhile has time to hang out with Slash. What made him really mad was that he needed to tell her that he was moving today but they hadn't spoken enough for him to break the news. She had no idea because she was sprung up on Danny.

Anastasia noticed that Slash wasn't at school & even her boyfriend wasn't there, she was alone. So she sparked up the idea to ditch school but back out when she remembered that her mom was at home. She made it through the day all alone until she got home. "Hey mom, imma run off to Danny's house real quick!" She said, it was sad how she worried more about Danny rather then Slash "no!" Her mom said & that stopped Anastasia right in her tracks "you're so caught up with that boy you don't know what's really happening!" Julie yelled at her daughter but she stood quiet "why don't you go check in slash first?!" Julie crossed her arms "well-" Anastasia was cut off by Julie "well, because you are so worried about Danny & you spend so much time with him that you didn't know that Slash was moving, you didn't even give him a chance to tell you!" Julie walked up stairs leaving Anastasia alone with her thoughts. She started feeling guilty & dumb, her eyes were really opened & she seen the truth, it broke her. "Here" Julie handed Anastasia an envelope.

Asia,
Your my bestfriend, I'll always forgive you for your gullible mistakes. I will love you for now & for always. I'm mad at you though, very mad! How could you do that to me? How could you just replace me like that? I tried telling you that I wanted to be with you but you never gave me a chance! I even needed to tell you I was moving but you still didn't give me a chance! Yeah, I'm mad but I do forgive you, maybe you'll open your eyes & dump him! I don't know what you're gonna do but just know I'll always be here. I don't care about anything else but you! When you weren't hang out with me I missed you but I was okay with it because I at least got to see you, now that shut won't work be I won't even see you. Imma miss you a lot!
-Slash

That was it, she spent the whole week bawling her eyes out because now she wanted slash when he doesn't want her. Anastasia did break up with Danny, she brought up her grades & hung out with all her old friends but it wasn't the same without Slash. Even with their daily phone calls & letters she missed him, there was a hole in her heart that could only be filled by Slash, but he was gone