Epilogue

Two and a half years later

"Wow, Sam you look amazing," My mouth dropped witnessing my best friend twirl in her wedding gown. It's her big day and I couldn't be happier to be a part of something we'll remember forever. Sam was the type of person that already had her wedding planned and watching that come to life brought tears to my eyes. I've seen this girl at her lowest point, and now she's getting married. Cameron wanted to wait a few years until he got himself situated, which brought us to today. 

Tears whelped in the corners of my eyes. "Don't cry. You know that'll make me cry, too."

My eyes dropped to her beautiful custom-made wedding dress. It cut deep in her chest area but covered with a sheer layer. The bodice fit perfectly around her waist and puffed up as the rest of the gown trained to the ground. According to Sam, it's organic. She also had her hair styled in a beautiful up-do with a floral veil attached to the loose braid in the back.

She nervously walked to the floor-to-ceiling mirror and took a deep breath. I massaged her shoulders and tried working the tenseness from her body. "There's nothing to be nervous about. There's a man out there that's waiting to see his beautiful bride. Let's go knock em' dead." I grabbed her hand after glancing at myself in the mirror. I smiled at my beautiful maroon dress that cut deep in the front with a slit. I'm even nervous to go see Joey, even though I saw him this morning.

"Wow, Samantha, you're stunning." My mom popped up out of nowhere. We were so engulfed in how beautiful we looked, she must've snuck in.

Sam held onto the sides of her long dress and wrapped her arms around my mom. I love how close they've gotten. My mom treats Sam like a daughter of her own and it melts my heart. Ever since they met, they've bonded over everything faster than Sam and I have. It got to the point, we've been hanging out almost every day together since my mom, dad, and I moved to Florida.

Yes, Daniel and my mom are dating, and life has been beautiful. The day my child was born, I looked my dad in the eye and told him if he was going to run, do it now before my daughter meets him. He promised to me he'd never leave, no matter if things got hard. Well, they got better.

After they unlatched from their hug, Sam said, "Thank you, Kelly. You look incredible. I need to know that skin-care routine."

My mom praised, "Riley, you're beautiful. Ugh, you girls make me proud to be a mother. Sam, I'm so happy for you and I know you're going to be a kick-ass wife."

"You're so good to me."

My mom finished the rest of her champagne. "Let's go! There's a man waiting to get married!" She led us to the door. "Shelly, where's my grand-baby?"

I laughed, following her lead. "She's with her dad."

~~

My heart melted watching the two newlyweds dance in the center of the dance floor. They moved so beautifully in love with each other and I loved every bit of it. They looked deeply into each other's faces with smiles that could melt your heart. Even from afar. Cameron held so tightly onto her waist and swayed her with the music playing. I then turned to see my mom and Daniel joining in after the couple had their first dance.

I ventured my eyes around the gorgeous reception and smiled. Beautiful tables decorated with white and maroon linen surrounded the spacious dance floor in the center of the venue. A fluorescent chandelier hung right over the center, brightening the entire space with lights, flowers, and crowds of people enjoying themselves.

Dylan found himself an older woman after my mom started dating, and he's slowly breaking out of his ways. He swept the woman on the dance floor and happily sent a shivering smile to his sister. I'm surprised it didn't weird him out that he unwillingly caught the damn bouquet when Sam tossed it into the crowd.