51. The Start Of Something New

Three Days Later

I panted, out of breath, laying my naked body on Joey's chest. Lucky for us, my mom invited Sam shopping and of course, Dylan tagged along to try and fulfill his fantasy with my mom. He told Joey that he feels like he's in love, and that he was made to be with an older woman. God, he literally follows her around like a puppy dog but it's funny.

Joey has been staying with me since they got into town and Sam and Dylan stayed in hotels. I told them my couch is open, but the hotel sounded better for them. As for Joey and I, we've barely left the room together. Well, I mean, we went to dinner with everyone yesterday but happened to find ourselves locked away.

Daniel has been making his way over to the house almost every day to check on me and 'hang' with my mom. I think it's good for them. We still haven't had the rest of our talk, but he's showing me another way.

Joey traced his fingers on my bareback. "I'm never letting you go again."

I intertwined my fingers on his chest and propped my chin on my hands. "Even if you tried, I wouldn't let you."

"Can I ask you something?" Joey looked deeply into my eyes. I nodded with a smile on my face. How did I get so lucky? He's literally everything I can dream of in what I want in a man and more. He makes me smile beyond belief, laugh, and be thankful for who I have.

He parted his lips. "Why me? You're so perfect in so many ways, and I don't understand how I got you."

I thought before answering, "You're the only person that can make me feel this way. You're the only person I want to go to sleep at night and wake up too in the morning. I fell off the edge when you left and I can't imagine how that would feel again. I never want that to happen."

Joey spoke right after me. "And it won't."

I took a deep breath and glanced at the hairs on his chest. I trailed off as he spoke and lost focus. I'm not starting this off on lies and waiting anymore. I'm starting this journey and I don't want any mistakes, "Joey, I...I have to tell you something."

He froze and glanced through his eyelashes. "What is something wrong?" Did I do something?" I laughed.

I shook my head. "No, you're perfect. But, I didn't tell you everything."

He slowly started rising up and taking me with him. I sat free and exposed across from him as his smile turned upside down. I swallowed and tried getting the words to fly out of my mouth, but Joey spoke again. "Riley, tell me."

I bit down on my lip. "I don't know how to say this. Maybe I should spit it out?"

He sighed, getting frustrated. "I'm pregnant."

I sucked in my lip before closing my eyes. I forced them to close, not knowing how he'd react. Joey and I are just starting our relationship and I don't want this to ruin it or make things weird. I couldn't look at him. I didn't want to see disappointment and I didn't want to stop the euphoric high I've been riding.

When he remained silent for too long, I slowly opened my eyes and he couldn't stop looking at me. I mean, blank expression, low eyes, and didn't blink. Not once. Fuck, I should have waited longer. What did I do? He had to know. I continuously fought with my mind and waited.

Still waiting..

"Can you please say something? I'm sorry I shouldn't—."

Joey parted his lips. "When did you find out?"

I felt my face grow red, and no, I wasn't blushing. "When I fainted it was because I was dehydrated, but also because I'm pregnant. No one knows but us, and I'm so sorry. I know this isn't ideal because we haven't known each other long and I have no clue what I'm going to do. But, I'm not leaving this baby. I'm not giving this baby up, none of that."