19. Who Are You?

While the boys continued riding, I spent some time talking Sam down

While the boys continued riding, I spent some time talking Sam down. She'd told me all about this girl before, but she left out the part about Ashley fucking both of her brothers. If they were really best friends, she wouldn't leave because her brothers broke her heart. She seemed to care for this girl when they were friends.

"I can't fucking stand her! She blamed me for them not returning her calls. She blamed our friendship falling apart on me, and I hate her for it. And her tits look terrible." Sam rolled her eyes and blew out a loud puff.

I laughed. "Samantha Grace, look at me."

She shifted her beautiful big eyes in my direction. I shot her a look, noticing her face turned red. "You told me not to give my love to people that can't see the kind of person I am, right? So, don't let some fake-ass girl ruin your day."

"But she—"

I covered her mouth for a second. "Nope. She doesn't deserve your energy!" I pushed, dropping my hand.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She wrapped me in a tight hug.

I smiled. "You didn't do anything. You just put your time into someone that actually loves you to death. I don't care what happens, I'll love you until I die." Her mood changed almost instantly when I added, "Her boobs do look terrible."

We shared a laugh while we waited for the boys. They were all roughed up, except Chris. He didn't have any expression on his face again.

"How was the ride?" I asked him.

Chris faintly laughed. "They don't really phase me, you know? I've been here a couple of times."

Okay.

After riding the Skyride back to the front, we all agreed to get food and leave. We sat in the beautiful in-park restaurant called Dragon Fire Grill. Chris rested his hand on my thigh, and I felt nothing. I felt terrible, but he just didn't do it for me. I didn't want to lead him on because I also feel that he's disconnected from getting a divorce, but I'm making things worse.

"I had fun with you today, Riley." Chris stammered.

I wiggled my shoulder into him. "I feel bad for making you sit alone on half of the rides. I'm sorry."

"At least I was coming back to you all of those times." Chris smiled at Joey.

Like, what the hell is this? Did Joey happen to say something when the boys rode alone? I will fucking kill him. That's probably why Chris got so damn touchy.

"I guess that's one way you could look at it," I said, bashfully looking away.

"So, Chris, what are your intentions with Riley?" Joey asked, being a smart-ass. I lifted my foot to kick him under the table lightly. This is getting out of hand.

Chris spoke with a straight face. "I hope to continue taking her out and down the line . . . see where things go."

Sam damn near cried hearing Chris's sweet words that Joey didn't seem to like. I'm glad he said "down the line" because I'm so not ready for any relationships.