33. The Best Of Me

"I swear if you say anything, I will not invite you," Cam threatened

"I swear if you say anything, I will not invite you," Cam threatened. "This is why I keep things from you because you have a big ass mouth."

At least I knew he wasn't asking me questions about Joey and me.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and crossed my arms over my chest as we stood outside of the house. "Invite me to what?" I gasped, lightly tapping this arm. "And I do not!"

Cameron's face turned completely red as he hesitated, speaking, "Well, uh . . ." I waited. "I need your help."

I gushed. "Okay, with?"

He swallowed loud enough for me to hear and was unable to keep still. "Oh, my God!" I rapidly blinked my eyes before covering my mouth. I knew what was coming. I just fucking knew it.

I jumped up and down as Cameron tried calming me down. "I'm scared as hell, and I don't know how to propose to her. Should I—"

It is hard for me to keep things from Sam, and I haven't in the past. And now with Joey, I should tell her but I can't.

I cut him off. "Sam always told me she dreamed of the house being decorated with roses shaped in hearts that she has to walk into and candles. Oh my God, let me help!" Sam loved anything cliche and corny.

"No, shit! I may need you to take her out of the house soon." Cameron grit his teeth, rubbing his damp forehead.

My face warmed up hearing my best friend is about to get engaged. I never thought she'd be getting married soon, and I couldn't be happier. There were times we would sit in my dorm room, talking about the dumb asses that wanted to marry us. We even said if we weren't married by thirty, we'd have a friendship marriage. Not sure if that's a thing, but who cares? She deserves everything, and I'm grateful it's with Cameron.

"I'm going to cry!" I felt the warm tears beginning to form in my eyes. "This is a beautiful thing you're doing."

"Riley, don't cry." He laughed at me, wiping the tears slipping slowly down my cheeks. I'm just so happy for them, and I know she's going to be ecstatic.

"She loves you so much, and I can only wish for what you guys have. I won't say anything, I promise. I can't be absent from my best friend's wedding. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the maid of honor." I confidently said, pushing my lips together in a wide smile.

"I'll text you whenever I stop being a bitch and need her away from the house," he breathed, nodding his head as his hair fell over this forehead.

I smiled. "I watched you grow into such a gentleman."

"Fuck off, Ry," He snickered.

We laughed together, and I said, "I need to see this ring."

When Cameron and I walked back into the house, the siblings were bonding over lost memories. They had big smiles on their faces as they spoke.

"Remember when Dylan chased me around the house with a knife because I wouldn't share my pizza with him?" Joey said to his brother.