2. Myshka

*Myshka (Мышка) is a "nickname" that can be used in Russian roughly meaning 'little mouse'

---

In The Present...

You stare at yourself in the mirror as you get ready for your shift at the casino, assessing your uniform - black dress pants, a white dress shirt, black vest, and a burgundy bow tie - and hair - tied up in the best bun it could be in - , making sure it looked as good as it could. You frown lightly, standing straighter in the mirror and sucking in every bit of stomach you could before nodding and heading out of your basically permanent hotel room.

You did your best to keep a welcoming look on your face, as you were often pointed out for looking unapproachable. The customer's comfort was prioritized over everything, even if it meant lowering your pride and looking like every happy-go-lucky employee in an ad. Taking a deep breath in, you walk into the casino as bubbly as you can and go get ready to switch to deal out cards with someone else.

Nothing about this routine is new to you, as you'd been doing it for years, but there were always new people to deal with, new hearts to play with, and you hadn't gotten tired of it.

How can I? It's basically become my home.

"[f/n]!"

You're called over to your table and greet everyone as soon as you arrive, immediately getting on shuffling the cards, your eyes look around analyzing everyone, then moving passed the customer's heads and around the casino's rich, dark red floor, and smooth silver-looking walls that reflected the light of the games off them, making them look like an extension of the casino itself. The design was beautiful, you had to give it to Sigma, he had really nice taste.

Soon, you begin the game, and although everyone around you is quiet and focused, their never-ending, ever changing heart beats continue to fill your ears, and it's so easy to read their plays based on their reactions. Of course, over the years you've learned to tame yourself and allow others to win, so to not ruin the casino or your employment. In truth, a lot has changed over the years, but the majority was in the control of your surroundings and your reactions.

You didn't pay too much attention to what was going on in front of you, only enough to be present and to catch any foul play. You had decided you'd lose this round for sure, and if you got too in to it, the need to win pumped through you like a craving that needed to be satisfied.

"Is this the best you can do, pretty lady?"

Your eyes move towards the older man that had just rudely spoken up, and without snapping back as you wish you could, you smile sympathetically.

"Is there something wrong?"

"You're handling everything like shit. They should have put a man in charge so we can play with some real excitement!"

The people around the man chuckle, while others don't bother concerning themselves with the issue.

Follow routine, don't use your ability.

A hard request for yourself, considering you could hear the man's poor heartbeat that could so easily be damaged for his rude remarks.

Follow routine, don't use your ability, remember Sigma's rules and that they are always watching.

"I'm sorry you are not content. I will try to do better." You respond, dealing a few cards smoothly as you do.

"Tsk, this game will be over soon" the man grumbles, silencing himself when he sees you aren't reacting the way he hoped.