ii

When you dreamed of adventures, this was definitely not what you meant.

Thunder shook the glass of your window. The loud storm shaking you awake as you squinted your eyes open.

It was just one of those day. The ones where you just wanna stay in bed all day and watch the dark storm do its damage to the outside world. Sadly, there was one thing missing. Aesop. And if you wanted him to join you then it meant having to get out of the warm comfort of your bed.

Your stomach growled as you turned your back to the wall, the sound making you groan as you wished you could just stay in the warmth. Alas, your hunger was beginning to hurt you.

Sitting up, you stretched your limbs before walking out of your room, the big black shirt you wore covered your shorts but you nor anyone in the manor seemed to care.

Walking down the stairs away from the rooms, loud chatter caught your attention.

"Why's everyone so excited.." you groaned, the sleepiness getting the better of your emotions as you neared the dinning room in a grumpy manner.

"Aesop." You heard a muffled Emily call. "Where's y/n? She needs to meet the new survivors."

You stopped your movements for a second, curious to see where your absence would lead them.

"She's still asleep I'm guessing." You heard his quiet voice reply. "She's probably still tired from her match yesterday."

"Y/n?" You heard another muffled voice ask. A female who's voice you did not recognise.

"Ah, shes another survivor. She's best at decoding the cipher machines but since yesterday her entire team was made up of decoders she took it upon herself to kite the hunter for the entire match." Emily explained as you heard William laugh loudly.

"Shouldve seen her when she got back! Her hair was all messed up and she was absolutely destroyed. Joseph really didn't go easy on her."

You chuckled softly. The look of Joseph's angry face popping into your mind as the memory of him constantly trying to catch you while you ran around him in circles out of pure panic made you laugh.

"She sounds like she's good at the game." Another unrecognisable voice called out, a male this time.

"She is." Aesop replied instantly, your heart fluttering at the confidence in his voice. "Even if she's scared or not good at kiting, she'll do it if it means it keeps everyone else safe."

"She even saves naib at times!" Vera laughed as Naib cried out to defend himself.

"IT WAS ONE TIME VERA!" He shouted as laughter rang out of the room.

"He was panicking because jack wouldn't leave him alone and she came and ran into jack! He left Naib alone and went after her instead even though everyone knew that she was slower and weaker than him, she still saved him!"

Pride swelled up inside your heart, the sound of your friends praising you and talking so highly of you bringing a smile on your face.

"Aesop, I think it's time we wake her up. Wouldn't be good to leave her to sleep for the rest of the day even if it's what she wants, her body needs to move." You heard Emily say.

Before the male could reply you had already walked into the room, cheers and greetings sounding out as soon as you stepped in.

"There she is!" William exclaimed excitedly as he threw an arm around your shoulder. "The star of the hour!"

You chuckled before turning to everyone and giving a small wave, turning to the new survivors and giving them a smile.

"Hi, I'm y/n l/n. The teacher." You smiled as the four nodded.