viii

The manor was buzzing with life, as busy as ever with the energetic participants of the manor's games enjoyed their weekend off.

That's something good about the manor; though the games are excruciating, you get the weekends off. So with your two days off you had already planned out how you were going to spend your time to the fullest.

"Aesop hurry up." You whined, knocking repeatedly on his door like an impatient child.

Many of your survivor teammates had already walked past you, laughing at the scene and grimacing the face of the most definitely annoyed embalmer in the room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." He growled, stepping out while still fixing his mask.

You snorted at the male, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the hunters' side of the mansion. Aesop rolled his eyes playfully but allowed you to drag him off anyway, greeting some of his friends with a curt nod as you both passed them by.

"So what's your plan for today?" He asked as you let go of his wrist, intertwining your fingers with his instead. You had slowed down to a steady walking pace once reach the hunter's side.

"I wanted to hang out with Robbie!" You grinned. "He mentioned something about wishing he could've gone to school at some point in one of his friendly matches the other day so I figured I may as well help him with a few things." You shrugged.

Aesop's lips tugged to a small smile behind his mask, squeezing your hand in his tenderly before you both walked into the hunter's lounge room in search of the axe boy.

Your time with Robbie was rather short but well spent—you taught him about writing and simple mathematics, Aesop chiming in here and there to try and help the boy. He didn't like to admit it, but Aesop admired your patience and love for children. Something he never had.

"That was nice." He breathed out, picking up a packet of crayons from the table to put in the utensils box you had brought out.

Robbie had been taken away with Geisha for lunch time just a few minutes ago, leaving you and the embalmer to pack up the few remaining tools you had used before heading to the survivor side for your own lunch.

A smile appeared on your lips as you placed the work books back on the shelves. "Yeah, I enjoyed that a lot! It's been a while since I've had the time to actually do my job." You chuckled, turning back to look at the silver haired male. "You were great help, thank you."

Aesop sat on the table, his arms crossed over his chest. "Anything for you. Now, let's get going. I'm starving." He laughed, stepping towards you as you placed the last book back on the shelf before guiding you back. "Maybe we can do it again. Tutor him together, I mean." He offered, his eyes stuck on the path ahead of you both.

You looked at the male and smiled softly. "I'd love that!" You nodded, turning ahead and scanning the surrounding rooms.

Unlike the survivor's side of the manor, the hunter side was considerably smaller. You could blame it on the fact there's less hunters but also due to the fact that the Oletus manor just seemed unfair to the hunters in general. Passing some rooms, a voice caught your attention, a wide smile appearing on your lips as you let go of Aesop and rushed blindly into the room.

"Hello mr reptilian! Long time no—" You barged in, halting in your steps once processing what you had walked into.

Luchino sat on one of the lounge leather seats, his long leg crossed over the other while he held a rather large and shiny rock. Across from him on the opposite leather chair sat the prospector, his dark eyes inspecting you up and down.