𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊; 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉.

"Good luck on your first day at your new school, Ethan, you'll be fine." I smiled at him, giving him a hug. 

"I'm so nervous." He bit his lip and kicked the ground.

"I was, too." Daniel said, putting an arm around him, "But then-,"

"But then you met mum, and she was a badass and you fell in love." Ethan rolled his eyes but smiled, "Yeah, I've heard that once or twice."

"It's a timeless tale." I grinned.

"Exactly, you'll be telling a similar story to your children." Daniel raised his eyebrows.

"Whatever, I'm gonna be late for school. Love you, bye!" Ethan waved to us before making his way down the street, which was scattered with orange leaves. 

"Look at our baby." I sighed as Daniel pulled me close, "I can't believe he's sixteen." 

"I know." Daniel frowned, "It seems like just yesterday I was the new boy that well known Persephone Tatum showed around. I would give anything to go back."

"Me too, Daniel." I sighed again, leaning on his shoulder, "Me too." 

𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

"There will be a student to show you around soon." The woman at the front desk smiled at me. 

"Ok, thanks." I nodded. I fiddled with my fingers and stared at my shoes until I heard the double doors swing open. 

"I've been summoned!" A girl walked in with a grin on her face, "By the way, if this is about the toilet paper on the ceiling in the girls' bathroom, I swear it wasn't me... this time." 

"No, it's not. But I'm sure Mrs Kroll will want to chat to you about that later." The woman raised her eyebrows.

"So, why am I here?" The girl asked. 

"You're an escort, Samantha, you're showing Mr Seavey around for today." The woman answered. Samantha turned around, only just noticing me. She had curly brown hair, dark eyes and a faded tan complexion. 

I formed my mouth to smile but she had already turned back around.

"Why me?" She asked. 

"Because Mrs Kroll thinks it could help in the process of improving your behaviour." The woman raised her eyebrows.

"Well, what if Mr Seavey here is influenced by me?" Samantha asked. 

"I won't be." I suddenly said, shaking my head. She turned around, looking slightly intrigued. 

"Well, then I guess I'll have to work really hard." Samantha smirked, I blushed, "Come on, knockout, let's go."

"My name is Ethan." I picked up my bag and followed her out of the office, "And you're Samantha?" 

"He's new, and smart." Samantha nodded, "Yeah, I'm Samantha. Well done, knockout."

"Knockout?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, knockout. Because, you know..." She shrugged as if it was obvious. I raised both eyebrows, and she rolled her eyes, "You're fucking attractive. A knockout is an attractive person." 

"Oh..." I went bright red and she looked pleasantly amused. 

"And you know, I guess you could knock someone out..." Samantha eyed my shirt before lifting it up. I somehow turned an even deeper red and yanked it down. 

"Hey, stop," I mumbled, angrily. 

"Don't talk to me like that." She glared, kicking me in the shin, I fell into the lockers, "Listen, you're new, so you don't know. I'm not exactly liked in this school, neither hated, I think feared would be the right word. And you should be too, do I make myself clear?"