𝒕𝒓𝒆; 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎.

"Hey, you. Blonde." I called to a guy opening his locker. He turned to me with a startled expression. 

"It's Corb-,"

"You got a car?" I leaned against the locker next to his.

"Uh, yeah." Corbyn nodded, raising an eyebrow.

"Can I get a ride?" I asked him.

"Um..." Corbyn looked around the corridor like he was searching for someone. It was deserted.

"Well?" I prompted, crossing my arms over my chest and raising my eyebrows. 

"O-ok..." Corbyn shut his locker slowly and walked away, I followed. 

"Why're you at school at this time, anyway?" I asked when we got in the car. 

"S-science club," Corbyn muttered, putting the keys in and starting the car. 

"You don't need to act so nervous." I looked at him, "I don't bite." We locked eyes and Corbyn raised both his eyebrows. I laughed and he seemed surprised. "So, Daniel's smashing Addy Burkhart?" 

"W-what? How do you know that?" Corbyn asked, curious. 

"Your good friend Zach told me." I smiled.

"I wouldn't say they're... smashing." Corbyn shrugged as we drove away, "What's your addre-,"

"Oh, please. It's Addy Burkhart." I argued, looking out the window. 

"What do you mean?" Corbyn asked.

"Do you know how many times she tried with Eth- other boys." I swallowed the lump in my throat. Corbyn looked at me, sympathetic. "Don't look at me like that, blonde. Concentrate on getting me home in one piece." I typed my address into his phone and let it tell Corbyn where to go.

We drove the rest of the way in silence, except when we were pulling into my road, Corbyn dared to ask:

"So, you have an interest in Daniel?" I slammed my hands on the dashboard, making Corbyn jump. He gulped and gripped the steering wheel tighter. 

"I don't give two shits about Daniel," I said. Corbyn pulled up outisde my house. I opened the door. "Thanks for the ride, blonde."

"N-no problem?" Corbyn muttered as I shut the door. 

"Ah, Persephone, you decided to show up." Mr Miller said to me as I walked into class. I rubbed my eyes so hard I started to see stars and yawned. 

"Isn't it like, the law or whatever." I shrugged, taking a seat at the back and throwing my bag down. 

"It hasn't stopped you before." Mr Miller raised his eyebrows. I took a seat, put my hands behind my head, put my feet up on the desk and gave him a half-smile.

"Touché, sir." I nodded to him. He ignored me and continued to speak.

"As I was saying, this project counts as fifty per cent of your grade." Mr Miller said, "I will assign partners." He picked up a piece of paper and started to read off it, "Firstly, Addison Burkhart with Harry Crawford. Joseph Law with Noah Brown. Persephone Tatum with Daniel Seavey-,"

Daniel turned around in his seat and stared at me, just at the same time as Addy turned around to glare at me. I put both my hands in gun gestures and put them up at both of them as if we were in some sort of Mexican stand-off. I grinned. 

Addy rolled her eyes and Daniel cracked a small smile, but when Addy scowled at him he turned back around. 

When Mr Miller finished announcing the partners, Daniel reluctantly made his way over to me, bringing his bag and books.

"We meet again, pretty boy." I tilted my head to the side and smirked. 

"'Pretty boy'?" Addy frowned as she walked over, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"She's just teasing." Daniel shrugged to Addy. I ran my tongue along my top teeth and smiled. 

"No comment," I said as I sat in my seat properly. Daniel shot me a look. 

"Daniel, can I talk with you?" Addy asked him, "In private." She added to me. 

"He's all yours." I shrugged. They both went to the other side of the classroom. A few minutes later, Daniel came back, alone. "I wonder what that was about." 

"Whatever. Let's just get on with the project." Daniel shook his head, pulling up a chair so he could sit with me. 

"What're we doing again?" I asked, resting my chin on my palm. 

"Debate," Daniel said, flatly. "Whether abortion should be legal." My breath caught in my throat. 

"Abortion, eh?" Was all I managed to say, "Well, what are we arguing against?"

"We're arguing that it should be legal." Daniel nodded, "Didn't you listen?"

"Huh?" I asked, turning my attention back to him after zoning out.

"Nevermind." He said through gritted teeth as he started to write down a title. 

"So, you're smashing Addy?" I leaned back in my seat and smirked. Daniel looked up, surprised.

"We're dating, yeah." He confirmed. 

"Mm..." I folded my arms over my chest and nodded, slowly. I looked behind Daniel to see Addy giving me the stink eye. I smirked, "Hey, what colour are your eyes again?" I asked Daniel, lifting up his chin so we were inches apart. Daniel gulped. 

"Blue." He muttered.

"Pretty." I smiled, letting go of his chin. Daniel went a bright red and went back to writing. Addy seemed so mad I wouldn't have been surprised if steam started to come out her ears. The bell went, signalling next period and I got up. "Blonde!" I called to Corbyn. He turned around, surprised.

"Um... yeah?" 

"You have science, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"I'm walking with you," I said. Daniel raised an eyebrow at Corbyn.

"Actually, Persephone, I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me," Addy said. 

"I mean, not really." I smiled and shook my head, "Come on, blonde." Corbyn followed me out of the classroom. 

"If you don't mind me asking..." Corbyn muttered, "Why exactly are you hanging around with me?"

"You're friends with that Zach guy, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"He's pretty chill." I shrugged, "Plus, you're cute." Corbyn blushed, "What? Do you not want me to hang around with you?"

"No! No." Corbyn rushed to say, "I was just wondering." 

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.
 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓:
 "𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈; 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 - 𝒏𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈"