Chapter 20

AN:

I wish you all a very late Happy New Year paired with a very very late Christmas update. 

"Lisa. Lisa, wake up." The silver haired woman groaned and shut her eyes even tighter. Twisting around in her bed, she forced herself to go back to sleep until she identified the voice that was calling out to her. 

"Mom?" She questioned with a hoarse voice, cracking open her eyes to see her mom hovering over her with a gentle, but tired smile. "You're here?" She asked, still half asleep. "Yep. Here for the holidays." Her mom responded and patted Lisa's head. 

"Now get up. It's Christmas tomorrow so we have to go shopping." She said before straightening up and leaving the room. 

Lisa groaned again and tossed around in her covers before reaching over to the nightstand to check her phone. She ignored the other messages and went straight to Jennie's. 

"Merry Christmas Eve!!!❤️❤️"

-Jennie✍️

Lisa smiled droopily and replied back before getting the covers off of her and hopping out of bed. 

The captain only freshened a bit and headed downstairs, becoming surprised at the sight of her mom in front of the stove, cooking. Before she could open her mouth to say something, her mom turned around and put down a plate full of pancakes. 

Lisa took a bite of it and smiled, but secretly grimaced. They didn't exactly taste like pancakes, but she wasn't going to complain to her mom. She couldn't blame her either, she must have gone without cooking for several months. 

"Alright, now hurry up dear. We have until tonight to buy everything because we have to go to Christmas Eve dinner." Her mom reminded her and urged her to finish up her breakfast. Lisa sighed. 

Her mom had finally come back and they have to go out and buy gifts instead of just catching up with each other. But Lisa didn't complain. She would happily take whatever time she has with her mom. 

Pushing her plate aside with the excuse, "I'm not really that hungry", Lisa hopped up the stairs and took a quick shower before throwing on sweatpants and a hoodie, wearing a thick coat over that. 

"Hurry, hurry." Her mom said when she reached the front door, and they both headed out. 

"Dear God." Lisa whispered out, staring at the various stores in the mall with fear. It seems that everyone was behind on shopping, as various bustles moved in and out at slow paces. 

Without getting a chance to assess the situation further, her mom pulled her by the wrist and took her to the nearest store. "We need presents for all of your aunts and uncles, including the young ones." Lisa vaguely heard her mom because of the chaos, but nodded. 

"So, I'll take care of the adults. You're in charge of your cousins." Lisa received her order and nodded before heading out and into another place. 

Walking through the aisles, she made a mental checklist. She would have to buy gifts for Bambam, Sorn, Ten, Lucas, and her older cousin, Nichkhun. And that was only her mother's side of the family. 

She shuddered to think of the others that would also be arriving. Her other side was a little too involved, she thought. 

Her dad had left since she was young, so she never had a chance to really connect with him, leaving very awkward reunions with his side of the family.