Chapter 14

AN:

Soo, it's only November and it's already snowing??? What is happening to this world. 

I know I live in Canada, but like-it doesn't start snowing until December or something. Ngl, I'm kinda freaked out by it, but also happy cuz there will be snow days as well :)

"You know, come to think of it, I've never actually been inside your house properly." Jennie said pausing from writing her notes and staring up at Lisa, who was just talking about her party. 

Lisa furrowed her brows, thinking back. "Oh ya!" She said in realization. "Well, I guess I'll give you a VIP tour before the party then." She winked at the brunette and looked down to resume writing. 

The pair had been sitting in the library for the better part of the hour. Lisa had just finished up her practice and they both agreed that working somewhere other than in Jennie's room would be efficient, considering Lisa had a major test coming up. 

"So, you think you'll ace this?" Jennie asked with a smirk. Lisa's grades had slowly rose up from where they were before in the beginning of the year, but she still had a lot of improving to do in Jennie's eyes.

The younger pursed her lips. "I have to ace it. Otherwise I might lose my spot on the team." She spoke, with a determined voice. Just thinking of it brought dread to Lisa. So far the only thing that has worked out for her in her life was basketball. And if she gets kicked of the team, then what would she be known for? Her whole life was practically centred around the sport. And it would give her mother another reason to complain about her. 

"Hey, you'll be fine." She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Jennie place her hand over hers, which was gripping the pencil a little too firm. Lisa sighed, and let the pencil drop from her hands, immediately holding Jennie's hand. 

"Sorry, it's just-I can't screw this up." Lisa looked into the brunette's cat like eyes which still managed to sparkle underneath the dull lighting of the library. 

"How about this, you get a passing grade on this test, then I will agree to whatever you ask me to do." Jennie proposed, trying to get Lisa's mind off of the pressure she was facing. Lisa's eyebrow rose in amusement. "Anything?" She asked, and Jennie nodded without hesitation. 

"Anything." 

"Ooh! Can we stop for ice cream!" Lisa asked excitedly as she spotted an ice cream parlour out of the window of the car. Jennie scrunched her eyebrows and looked at Lisa. "You want ice cream in this weather? It's practically November, and it's freezing cold." 

"There is no time nor place where it is inappropriate to eat ice cream." Lisa spoke with a straight face and unbuckled her seatbelt as Jennie pulled up along the curb. The brunette shook her head, but got out of the car as well. 

Entering the shop, Lisa dashed towards the samples to see what she would get. "You're honestly just a big baby." Jennie teased her and reached up to pinch one of Lisa's cheeks. 

The captain snorted at the comment. "Says the one who looks like an actual baby." She turned her attention towards the ice cream as Jennie glared at her fiercely. "I'm not a baby! Heck, I'm way more mature than you." She protested and crossed her arms, pouting.