Chapter 13

"Well, come on up here and collect your halo." The mc said and everyone looked on in anticipation.

"What?!"

Jennie snapped out of her trance as she heard a sharp voice yell from beside her. Turning her head, she saw an agitated Yeri.

"You can't give her the halo! It's Chaeyoung's." She protested loudly. The crowd broke out into yells of protest. "H-Hey, settle down now." Jungkook spoke uneasily into the mic.

The brunette gulped and looked at Chaeyoung, who had on a death glare towards her. All of sudden, the head cheerleader marched towards her, with a clear goal in her mind.

Jennie widened her eyes in alarm and stumbled backwards. "Oh dear lord, I'm about to die!" She screamed in her head. As the blonde fury approached her, Jennie's legs felt like they were going to give out. "Ah shit, I can't die a virgin!" Jennie realized. "Noooo!" 

Lisa saw the whole thing and quickly jumped off the stage. She rushed over and stood in between Jennie and Chaeyoung.

"Guys, let's just relax, and remember it's just a competition." She said looking into Chaeyoung's eyes. The blonde glared, but eventually sighed and backed away. "Whatever. I still won." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. Jennie peeked her head over Lisa's shoulder and looked at the cheerleader with frightened eyes. "I am so sorry, Chaeyoung. I had no idea I would win and-" She rambled on and Chaeyoung put her hand up to stop her. 

"I don't care." The blonde spoke sharply and turned on her heels, heading out of the gym. "Well I care! And I know Jennie rigged the contest, she probably just wanted to be with Lisa!" Yeri yelled angrily and pointed her finger towards Jennie. 

Lisa scrunched her eyebrows and looked at Yeri. She made a move to step forward, but a hand caught her arm. "Lisa, don't. Let's just get out of here." Jennie begged, feeling nervous under everyone's eyes. 

The captain turned to face Jennie with an angry face. "No Jennie, I'm tired of everyone bad mouthing you." She spoke softly to Jennie, despite her being fired up still. She made a move to walk up to Yeri, but the brunette tugged on her arm desperately, trying to get Lisa stop. 

"No, let's just go back to my place and watch a movie or something." Jennie smiled, hoping to convince Lisa. The younger sighed. "Fine, only because you're so cute." Lisa said and cupped Jennie's face with her hand. 

The crowd seemed to break out in a collective gasp seeing that. 

Lisa winked at Jennie before abruptly turning around and holding the brunette's hand in hers. "If anyone needs to know, I'm courting Jennie." Yeri widened her eyes in alarm as she stared at them. 

"And if anyone dares to say anything to, or even about her, then you'll be facing me." She said sharply and walked out of the gymnasium, Jennie's hand in hers. 

"What the fuck." Jennie breathed out in confusion as she stopped the car in front of her house and put her head on the steering wheel. Lisa smiled at her. "Sorry about that." She apologized, and Jennie's head shot up. "No, I should be sorry, if I hadn't won then none of that would have happened." Jennie spoke as she stared out of her window, feeling guilty for ruining Lisa's night. 

"Hey, look at me." Lisa spoke softly and grabbed Jennie's right hand in both of her's. "You did absolutely nothing wrong tonight Jennie. It's not your fault that people find you irresistible." She spoke and leaned in for a quick kiss on the brunette's forehead. 

"Come on, let's go have a movie night." She smiled cutely and got out of the car, leaving Jennie and her flustered state behind. The brunette breathed in deeply to settle herself and got out of the car, locking it behind her and heading up the steps.