Hot Chocolate ~ Denmark

Art is not mine.

~--~*~--~

"It smells ready! Can we drink it now?"

"No."

"Why not?" Denmark whined, "It's just hot chocolate! We won't die if we drink it early."

"The recipe says to leave it in for two hours and it has only been one," Y/N said, "we wouldn't really be drinking anything - it would just be chunks of chocolate that hadn't quite melted yet."

Denmark pouted, "Why couldn't we just have powdered hot chocolate?"

"Well, you said you wanted hot chocolate like Lukas makes it at Christmastime, and this is how he does it."

Denmark sighed and slouched further into the couch, seemingly giving up. Y/N smiled triumphantly, focusing their attention back to the TV screen. But, when they saw that Denmark just sat there, looking blankly at the ceiling, they felt bad. He always had a hard time waiting for something he wanted.

Y/N sighed, "If you want, we can build with LEGOs until its ready."

Denmark's eyes lit up and he shot up immediately, "Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah," Y/N said, "unless you don't want to, that is?"

Denmark grabbed Y/N by the wrist and ran up the stairs to the designated 'LEGO' room. He went over to the various drawers and started to pull out starting plates and bricks at lightning speed, seemingly with a vision in mind already. Y/N sat on the ground and sorted the bricks like they always did as Denmark continued to throw bricks on the floor.

Eventually, he sat down next to Y/N on the floor and started to assemble... whatever he was making. Y/N helped with whatever he asked, removing a brick he placed in the wrong spot or getting out one he needed.

As his avid building dragged on, Y/N grew tired, yawning and resting their head on their palm. Denmark was almost done - and what he was making was clearly a spaceship. Y/N fluttered their eyes closed and drifted off, the smell of hot cocoa wafting through the house. 

Denmark smiled when he finished his spaceship. It was nowhere near the biggest he'd built, in fact, it was a smaller-medium size, but it would go nicely in his collection. He picked it up and set it in its place on the shelf where all his spaceships were arranged by size. When he turned around, he saw that Y/N was asleep.

Smiling, Denmark picked them up and set them on the bed, tucking them in and then crawling in next to them. He had completely forgotten about the hot chocolate - sleep was taking over his mind now.

When Denmark woke up he found himself alone. Y/N's spot was still warm, though, meaning they left not too long ago.

The Dane wandered downstairs and found Y/N sitting on the couch, watching Rudolph and drinking hot chocolate. They turned to him when he came in and smirked.

"the hot chocolate's been ready for hours, you know."

~--~*~--~

December 22nd.